Fear The Walking Dead (spin off series)

True and to be fair there's alot of mental illnesses and drugs that could cause someone to take damage like that. There's a lot of stories of folks on PCP taking massive amounts of damage before going down, not to mention some folks on bath salts. They could chock it up to drugs or insanity too.

In fact, if my memory serves me right, that's the same explanation one of the cops gave Sarah Connor as to how the Terminator could punch through the windshield of the car, thinking he was completely human and may have been on PCP and not feel the pain for hours.

But in relation to Fear The Walking Dead, that appears to be the case (line of dialogue from the first episode: "He's not dead. He may have been hurt, but he maybe on something", this happens when the teachers are watching the freeway footage that was leaked on an iPad).

Last edited:
I thought this episode picked up the pace pretty well.

Did Johnny Depp Jr. fake his seizure to get Alicia back in the house? When he ratted her out to mom (kind of a jerk move) for trying to leave, he said he "stopped her." I could see it going either way...

And nowdays, I can't imagine that only one kid in a mob like that would have been videoing an incident like that.

For a show that only has six episodes (total) before it disappears for over a year, they're not doing much to entice anyone to miss them.

I hope they scamper off and reboot this cast. I can't recall the last time I really disliked a group this much.

Terrible casting.

If someone is thinking about having kids, they should watch the show and they'll instantly change their minds, Every kid in this, save for the kid that had the knife that he brought to school and was trying to get food for his family, is a selfish little *****. "I want to see my boyfriend!", "I want my drugs!", "I want to videotape cops and be part of a protest, so stop bothering me!" The adults aren't much better.

If someone is thinking about having kids, they should watch the show and they'll instantly change their minds, Every kid in this, save for the kid that had the knife that he brought to school and was trying to get food for his family, is a selfish little *****. "I want to see my boyfriend!", "I want my drugs!", "I want to videotape cops and be part of a protest, so stop bothering me!" The adults aren't much better.

Pretty good representation of a huge portion of the population these days though, all you ever see is brats like that when you're out and about.

The dislike grows even more for this family. Let's not warn the nice neighbour having the birthday party so they can get eaten! It would have so easy to say check out the news and see how sick people are turning violent...that is why no one is coming to your party. Thanks for inviting us but... no ....care more for the ex wife that hates you.
Also we won't get food or water just some drugs.

This family is like that kid in The Road: you kinda keep hoping they get eaten just so they get out of the storyline lol. First time I ever cheered on zombies/cannibals.

I feel like their "desert" plans will get diverted and they'll end up going back to the school for one of the buses. They've got a growing group, and TWD had the RV for a long while to serve that need, so I hope they think of it.

The dislike grows even more for this family. Let's not warn the nice neighbour having the birthday party so they can get eaten! It would have so easy to say check out the news and see how sick people are turning violent...that is why no one is coming to your party. Thanks for inviting us but... no ....care more for the ex wife that hates you.
Also we won't get food or water just some drugs.

Well actually when she said goodbye to her husband who drove away in the truck, she was seen going across the street to warn the family...so, I think she *did* speak to them.
In any case, I'm enjoying the show. Not seeing any unusually selfish behavior being portrayed by the general public that probably wouldn't go down as they're showing it if this really happened in real life.
Yea....Digging it so far. It's fantasy after all, and things are moving pretty fast already for the second episode. Pretty much on par with TWD for now....which I also dig.

David

In other interviews, he's said the entire concept of dead people getting up and eating living people is entirely new to them. It's not just the term zombie, or Romero's work, it's every source of that kind of thing doesn't exist in his setting.

I understand that, I was just talking in terms of the real world and if we didn't have NotLD and/or The Walking Dead we'd still have some gamers familiar with the concept of ghouls and ghasts.

While I thought this episode was better than the first, I had two big issues with it:

1) They find the boyfriend with a huge bite on his shoulder and no one asks him what happened. Who bit him, where it happened, why it happened?

2) The mom goes to the school to score drugs (just let him detox and move on). She and the weird kid score a cart full of food but totally abandon them after they encounter the principal.

2) The mom goes to the school to score drugs (just let him detox and move on). She and the weird kid score a cart full of food but totally abandon them after they encounter the principal.

That I found rather odd since the whole purpose the kid went there in the first place was to score more food. I could understand if they encountered more than one walker but they only ran into the principal so why ditch all that food? Then again, they're hardly the hardened survivors that the cast of the Walking Dead are and probably got spooked by their encounter and just wanted to the hell out of Dodge, fast.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back