D.C.'s Supergirl (tv series)

This looks like a whole lot of NOPE for me based on that preview, which is kind of upsetting. Supergirl was the only DC book I had on subscription when I was big into getting individual comics issues. Maybe it'll turn into an Arrow situation where the buzz gets me curious enough to watch and I wind up enjoying it (I hope so), but there is very little about that preview that gets me excited for the series.

An injection of Badass?? We must have watched completely different trailers.

This was exceptionally Badass. Saving a plane herself, stopping a transport truck, taking on armed robbers. It was awesome!

My daughter, wife and I were all shocked and delighted by the trailer. It's exactly what we wanted and hoped for but could not believe that it was actually happening.

It's basically an updated and gender swapped Lois and Clark and I cannot wait for it.

There was similar complaints on the flash 6 minute preview as well and the show is fantastic. I am just loving superhero TV right now. Actual costumed heroes Monday-Wednesday and another coming soon!

I could do without the heavy-handed Rom-Com elements in the preview. Seriously... the only cliche they didn't throw in there was Kara breaking a heel and Jimmy "catching" her so she can gaze adoringly up at him... :sick

Gotta love the haters,lol. Hate something before it even comes out. Looks like it will be a great show, fun, great fx, interesting characters. She looks great as Supergirl and I’m already crushing on her.
It will be a nice change from all the dark hero shows. I’ll definitely watch it and the trailer alone blows away all of what I’ve seen on Gotham so far.

I'm sorry, but this looks like garbage. I'll stick to Agent Carter next season for my female-led CBTV show.

PS: What the heck happened to Calista Flockhart's face?

THAT'S who that is? I had no idea. I thought she looked a little vaguely familiar but I didn't bother looking up the cast yet.

I'm actually looking forward to this. It looks fun, like Smallville used to be and Flash is usually. While do love a nice dark themed show, it will be nice to have another more light hearted superhero show.

Last edited:
I'm kinda thinking... now all the Supergirl cosplayers will actually know what the characters name actually is.
I keed, I keed. Mostly.

Saving an airliner in distress is becoming a traditional act for our Kryptonian friends isn't it? LOL
And no, it doesn't get old does it!

Cool image of her inside a beam of light.
Symbolism there, that is what these Kryptonian heroes are supposed to be, of the light. Even in the darkness. Why I had a hard time with MOS.

Sg.jpg

the mayor gripe i have with this is: how many more times could they have added "cousin" in it? yeah yeah we get it superman is your cousin. we got it before we watched the trailer, we got it after the first time he said cousin, and after the 26th time, it was just plain annoying.

I would love it to be Smallville's CK, but I can't imagine them letting any tv show use superman while they are still making films of him.

But which cousin Smallville, MOS or another Superman made for TV?

Given that it's been stated that her costume is based on the MoS costume, I would like to assume that it's the Henry Cavill version, but since Supergirl is (supposedly) in a shared universe with Flash and Arrow, and those shows are officially (and stupidly) not part of the DC Movie Universe, it wouldn't be EmoSupes. I doubt it would be the Tom Welling Superman because Arrow, Flash, and Canary are completely different on Smallville. It couldn't be the Lois and Clark Superman either because Dean Cain is playing Supergirl's adoptive father.

My guess is that it would be a completely new Superman, and we'll probably only see him rarely, if at all.

We'll see when a few episodes are out, but for now, from what I've seen in the preview, I'd rather this show stay out of the cinematic universe. Plus they have a superman actor, who's not Cavill, so saying this new guy is just a stand in for Cavill because they can't afford him or whatever, seems like the best way to confuse regular viewers. Hell, even for me it would be confusing.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back