Sliders Custom Timer Contest

wGraves

I don't know how much interest there would be in this but I remember seeing the custom lightsaber contests a while back and I thought maybe we could do the same with the timer. The timers wouldn't be required to have electronics just some type of display that they could be put into. Dollar store items only. You must have a picture or scan of the receipt, and as many pictures of your timer that you want. Can be anything you would like. For the prize I really don't have a clue yet since I'm a college student I'll think of something. I would like to get at least 10 people in on this to see what creative minds we have out there or even in other dimensions. Let me know what you guys think.

William

Ok Well here are the rules.

1) Contest Starts Today, March 17, 2007 and the Contest will end in one month, April 17, 2007. After that there will be either a judging or a open poll for the RPF to vote on the timers. Entires Must be in Before April 17, 2007 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.

2) You can only use Dollar Store Items, You must have a scan or a picture of the receipt from the store along with a picture of the items before you mod them.

3) Timer must have a Hours, Minutes, and Seconds Window. Otherwise it wouldn't be a timer. :p

4) Entry must include a picture(s) of the timer and a brief description of the functionality of the timer.

5) Limit 2 Entries .

6)Can use thrift store items as Long as the item does not total more than $5.00.

7) Have fun.

Other than those be creative... Make it look like a nice machined timer or something you threw together.

00:00:05.....
00:00:04....
00:00:03...
00:00:02..
00:00:01.
00:00:00

Time To Start...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Capt MarVell @ Mar 16 2007, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1441646[/snapback]</div>
Cool idea, prize or no prize. Should be fun.

Let's see, already got a no-prize blaster contest going on at BBC...

Jim
[/b]

Ok I am up for it. Time for some dollar store fun. Don't really care about a prize willing to do it for just the fun.

Runs out the door to the dollars store and then falls into deep snow. I'll start once I dig myself out

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BTTF Delorean Project @ Mar 16 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]1441906[/snapback]</div>
Ok Well here are the rules.

1) Contest Starts Today, March 17, 2007 and the Contest will end in one month, April 17, 2007. After that there will be either a judging or a open poll for the RPF to vote on the timers. Entires Must be in Before April 17, 2007 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.

2) You can only use Dollar Store Items, You must have a scan or a picture of the receipt from the store along with a picture of the items before you mod them.

3) Timer must have a Hours, Minutes, and Seconds Window. Otherwise it wouldn't be a timer. :p

4) Entry must include a picture(s) of the timer and a brief description of the functionality of the timer.

5) Limit 2 Entries

6) Have fun

Other than those be creative... Make it look like a nice machined timer or something you threw together.

00:00:05.....
00:00:04....
00:00:03...
00:00:02..
00:00:01.
00:00:00

Time To Start...
[/b]

Does it count if I find an item at a thrift store for $1?

IMG_6455.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jackdoud @ Mar 17 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]1442087[/snapback]</div>
Does it count if I find an item at a thrift store for $1?

IMG_6455.jpg

[/b]

Yeah Thats fine, I'll amend the rules so that you can buy things at thrift stores, but the item cannot be totaling more than 5 dollars.

Thought I would share my custom timer so far. I'm not going to be in the contest.

2.jpg

Still got more planned for it, lots more.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guyver @ Mar 21 2007, 06:22 AM) [snapback]1444667[/snapback]</div>
Count me in.
One question, does the $5 also include the cost of glues and paints?
[/b]

I may be corrected but I thought the buying portion was just for the items your use to create the timer and that paints and glue were not part of it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guyver @ Mar 21 2007, 06:22 AM) [snapback]1444667[/snapback]</div>
Count me in.
One question, does the $5 also include the cost of glues and paints?
[/b]

Glue and Paints are not required to be bought from the dollar store, you can buy those from anyplace.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NakedMoleRat @ Mar 21 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]1444808[/snapback]</div>
How about some scrap acrylic that was given to me from a plastic shop?
[/b]

Thats fine just make sure most of the parts for the timer are from a dollar store or thrift store.

I'll try to jump in, but with the prop party that I'm doing is approaching fast I don't know if I'll finish or not but it might be something I can take with me to work and doodle with. I'll make a run to the thrift store/dollar tree and see what I can find.

Well I have the start for 2 timers, I have chopped and glued 2 toy cell phones together for the first one. The second I have used a water slingshot and a speed stick container with another toy cell phone bit for the second one. I will post some of the working shots.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back