Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy 2

First responder.

But I agree.

That being said I will now go into spoiler lockdown mode and probably won't read this thread until 2017.

Starhawks costume was ridiculously sexy in the original comics, so she gets my vote.

See, when I was reading GotG comic-books, Starhawk was a male. :confused

Ive been pushing for Mantis since before the first movie was out lol. Though if they did Phyla and Moondragon, I really hope it includes her dragon form too

It's going to be hard for me if Angela is going to be included. I know she's a member in the Marvel NOW version but I will always see her as a Hellspawn hunter and not Thor's sister. Plus, Phyla-Vell without Moondragon just isn't right or vice versa.
And since Gunn shot down Star Lord's father as J'son, the speculation has been going around that Starhawk could be the father, so we may just see the male version in the sequel. If it was only one character on the list that would be included, I would wager on Mantis.

One day earlier and they could have had it on star wars day.

It's Free Comic Book Day weekend, though, which is totally better. In fact, didn't Marvel taking the first weekend in May for a movie release start Free Comic Book Day? It was... X-Men 2? Or one of the Spiderman movies, I think.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Title Revealed | Collider

JamesGunn: Yes, the official title for the @ Guardians sequel is GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. Nice detective work, @ colliderfrosty, etc! You got us!

Then he posted the following on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/photos/a.216126946156.142629.48103536156/10152777768886157/?type=1

"Yes, the official title of the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Kevin Feige recently let the title slip while doing Ant-Man press, which I'm really happy about because God knows I've let more than one thing slip accidentally while chattering away on this FB page.

Also, hats off to some intrepid fans who figured out the title a couple of days after I posted the cover page. More than one person guessed "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" - I wanted so badly to give you props at the time, but knew I had to wait.

For Kevin to mess up. Haha.

PS ANT-MAN PREMIERE TONIGHT AND I AM STOKED!"

10268690_10152777768886157_8285058129318635360_n.png

Last edited:
CBR has an interview with James Gunn for GotGv2.

Highlights:
*A bit in the vein of the first movie, a bit different
*Casting is almost done, shooting starts in February, will last 10 months
*At least one new character. Won't say who or how many.
*Nebula is important
*Stan Lee will be in it
*GotGv2 is stand-alone, not "about" leading up to anything
*Won't comment on Adam Warlock, but seemed to imply Warlock may be important in Infinity War
*GotG will probably continue if v2 does well.
*Other Marvel "cosmic" properties he's interested in, but Marvel will shoot him if he says too much
*He'll likely only be working on GotG-related projects
*No Earthlings but Quill
*Drax doesn't like Baby Groot (official confirmation of "Baby Groot" terminology?)
*Rocket's about late-20s in age (if he were human)

He also has a couple comments on Civil War and Captain Marvel, which I posted to the corresponding threads. Bringing up Infinity War and Adam Warlock together is interesting, though, especially with the wording he used. He seems to be hinting that Warlock may appear in GotGv2, which will be the teaser for Infinity Wars (though there's still 3 movies between them), maybe?

Well, Warlock had the Soul Gem, so I'd be terribly disappointed if he wasn't included in some way.
And Peter Dinklage as Pip is a no-brainer.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back