Dragoncon 2015

I broke down and bought a set of these: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000GZPE7S/...5090&sr=1&keywords=motorcycle+goggles+airfoil

I have blacked out the logo on the side and removed the logo from the lenses. If need be, I can give it a few knicks and scratches for wear and tear, but I figured I'd just pick these up rather than modelling and printing what I needed, since this is just about right.

NICE! That will work great for Desolation Jones!!

We talked about this at DragonCon, sometimes you can find something off the shelf, nothing wrong with that. Like I told you, my end goal is my Cosplay design. I usually have some "made" portion and some off the shelf. I'm getting more into the making aspect, but sometimes, for example my Ronin Gasa for my Vader mashup is going to be authentic from Japan so no need to make one.

Also I found this at a Goodwill this past Sunday. It's missing the range finder, but it was only $2.97. I might be able to find the missing part on eBay. Maybe. I almost pee'd myself when I found it on the shelf. I went from being a 32 yr old man, to a 12 yr old boy in 2 seconds. #yoink #mine

boba fett helmet.jpg

I broke down and bought a set of these: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000GZPE7S/...5090&sr=1&keywords=motorcycle+goggles+airfoil

I have blacked out the logo on the side and removed the logo from the lenses. If need be, I can give it a few knicks and scratches for wear and tear, but I figured I'd just pick these up rather than modelling and printing what I needed, since this is just about right.

We talked about this at DragonCon, sometimes you can find something off the shelf, nothing wrong with that. Like I told you, my end goal is my Cosplay design. I usually have some "made" portion and some off the shelf. I'm getting more into the making aspect, but sometimes, for example my Ronin Gasa for my Vader mashup is going to be authentic from Japan so no need to make one.

Also I found this at a Goodwill this past Sunday. It's missing the range finder, but it was only $2.97. I might be able to find the missing part on eBay. Maybe. I almost pee'd myself when I found it on the shelf. I went from being a 32 yr old man, to a 12 yr old boy in 2 seconds. #yoink #mine

View attachment 389705

Sorry everyone, not sure why this posted twice. Gremlins.

Last edited:

View attachment 389705

if you need a range finder i can get you the pep file for it....

if you need a range finder i can get you the pep file for it....

MatrixSpoon your a sweet sweet man.

Although this helmet is a Hasbro electronic talking helmet - not sure it's worth making something out of Pep for it. It's going to sit on my Star Wars shelf at my house. I may even go back to the same Goodwill this weekend and dig through the toy bin where I found it. Ya never know it might be there, maybe it just fell off. Worse case it's just going on a shelf.

But I appreciate the help.

So...In the past, and at Dragoncon, and even after Dragoncon, I have been told I should do Loki, cause I look like him whats everyone think about that?...should I go for it?....

Also I'm thinking of doing a Crossplay...for those that don't know that's costuming as the opposite sex...what does everyone think about that?...worried I might get greff for it?...

would like everyone's advise and input thanks...

I have about 8 ideas for new Cosplays and I'm fine tuning and deciding on what I'm going to start working on for next year...

Anyone who gives you crap about crossplay isn't worth your concern.

I assume you're male? If you are and you do Loki, you'd be only the second man I've seen do so. About a hundred female Lokis about, though. Just saying.

Do what you want. That's the whole point.

Oh, and I'll be at Dragon Con next year. The name's just wabbit, though, if things get confirmed later for a badge (the jack is silent). I can't say for sure if I can make the meetup at this time, of course. Between photoshoots, friends, rehearsals, and such, no way to confirm this early, but I'd love to swing by. So many folks on here have helped me through the years that I'd love to.

Oh, and I'll be at Dragon Con next year. The name's just wabbit, though, if things get confirmed later for a badge (the jack is silent). I can't say for sure if I can make the meetup at this time, of course. Between photoshoots, friends, rehearsals, and such, no way to confirm this early, but I'd love to swing by. So many folks on here have helped me through the years that I'd love to.

That's very understandable....well, you have plenty of time to plan out costumes and meet ups, The RPF meet will most likely happen on Thursday...as for the time, we will deside as a group closer to Dragoncon...like we did this year...

If you do decide and find out that your able to attend, please let me know, so I can add your name to the badge list....thanks so much...

And as always keep checking back every now and then to the post for updates...

Anyone who gives you crap about crossplay isn't worth your concern.

I assume you're male? If you are and you do Loki, you'd be only the second man I've seen do so. About a hundred female Lokis about, though. Just saying.

Do what you want. That's the whole point.

Thanks for your feedback...Yes I am a male, I posted just to get everyone's opinion on the matter and I am grateful for all the feedback,....I know a lot of women crossplay and people are used to that, usually when a guy crossplays there doing it jokingly, to me there's so many things I would like to cosplay, some happen to be females, and I don't want people to judge me or think I'm gay or what not for dressing up like a female character...

That's very understandable....well, you have plenty of time to plan out costumes and meet ups, The RPF meet will most likely happen on Thursday...as for the time, we will deside as a group closer to Dragoncon...like we did this year...

If you do decide and find out that your able to attend, please let me know, so I can add your name to the badge list....thanks so much...

And as always keep checking back every now and then to the post for updates...

Will do!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your feedback...Yes I am a male, I posted just to get everyone's opinion on the matter and I am grateful for all the feedback,....I know a lot of women crossplay and people are used to that, usually when a guy crossplays there doing it jokingly, to me there's so many things I would like to cosplay, some happen to be females, and I don't want people to judge me or think I'm gay or what not for dressing up like a female character...

I hear ya. One of the double standards that benefits women. Stupid and unfair, but true.

One of my favorite crossplays ever was Drag Queen Amidala. He did her justice. :)

But to me, I think the word crossplay should go away. Who cares if you do a character that is not your sex? That's still just cosplay to me.

Then again, I usually do basic characters that can be either, like non-specific Jedi or whatever.

Only lately have I done Hit-Girl, Baby Bowler, and Scarlett, and now I'm doing my first true crossplay in a Yavin Luke. But whatever. It's all in good fun, mate.

Do what works for you!

Will do!

- - - Updated - - -

I hear ya. One of the double standards that benefits women. Stupid and unfair, but true.

One of my favorite crossplays ever was Drag Queen Amidala. He did her justice. :)

But to me, I think the word crossplay should go away. Who cares if you do a character that is not your sex? That's still just cosplay to me.

Then again, I usually do basic characters that can be either, like non-specific Jedi or whatever.

Only lately have I done Hit-Girl, Baby Bowler, and Scarlett, and now I'm doing my first true crossplay in a Yavin Luke. But whatever. It's all in good fun, mate.

Do what works for you!

Yeah I agree, I always saw it all as cosplay, until recently I didn't realize people had came up with a name for it calling it crossplay. The character that I'm dressing as is my character on the Star Wars old republic MMO game...

Hey this is HyruleInfantry I thought I had an avatar set up I guess not. Could you just use any Jason Todd/Red Hood picture? Just wondering, still looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hey this is HyruleInfantry I thought I had an avatar set up I guess not. Could you just use any Jason Todd/Red Hood picture? Just wondering, still looking forward to meeting everyone.

I have updated the main page showing that you have an Avatar, when I make the badges I like to use everyone's current avatars closest to the date....Most people on the RPF know everyone based on there avatar more then there handle / name...If you want a different avatar then I would suggest making it your avatar...

thanks, cant' wait to meet you either...

What are you needing, like effect and such, a may be able to help...do you need help with the code or the wiring or both?...

Right now... I'm okay. If I wire the one portion up with individual LEDs, I know how to do it, and I think I can hash out the code, though I might need a little assist there. I'm also pondering the use of an LED bargraph for what I want, but not sure how that would wire up and work with the Arduino. A little trial and error to start with, methinks. This works for me, as I learn best by doing. Thankfully, my choice of boards is fairly robust and hard to kill. =D

Movers get here with my shipment tomorrow, so I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in boxes for a few days at the least. Ugh.

My costume from this year got into the Major Spoilers costume contest. If you feel like supporting a fellow RPFer go vote for Brainiac :) It's just a poll so no need to register or anything like that.

http://majorspoilers.com/2014/10/22/major-spoilers-costume-contest-2014-meet-finalists/

and in other news, they released the Marvel video from BeatDownBoogie and Distracatron https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKniqAR4rQo

Im waiting patiently for the DC version and the JLA vs LOD shoot they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I agree, I always saw it all as cosplay, until recently I didn't realize people had came up with a name for it calling it crossplay. The character that I'm dressing as is my character on the Star Wars old republic MMO game...

Nice Matrix, I went the last two years to DragonCon in my Sith Sorcerer from SWTOR good to see people making costumes from the game.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back