Dragoncon 2015

Some more for fun...

9o40VO3.jpg

HEY ALL!! I swear I'm still alive, currently frozen in 10 degrees here in CLE. Thought I should stop in here and say hey and touch base with everybody again. good luck with hotels to everyone who is trying yet to get one, that new badge is looking pretty sweet you guys, I can't wait til the warmth of Atlanta in August again. This frigid weather is the worst ;-;

Well, looks like I won't be going this year. It's gotten too expensive and way too crowded. If they ever cap attendance at a lower number than they had last year, I'll come back.

Well, looks like I won't be going this year. It's gotten too expensive and way too crowded. If they ever cap attendance at a lower number than they had last year, I'll come back.

Sorry to hear that your not going to be there next year...I know I speak for everyone when I say, We hope to see you again in the future...

Anyone think rooms will be opening back up soon? I was told to start calling again around the end of december/early january.

Got my card in the mail for DC 2015...

i'm not really sure when they start opening the rooms back up, I know that the Dragon*Con Hotel Connection, on facebook usually updates a lot of stuff and availability....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody. I don't post much here on RPF, but I do read a lot. I have yet to meet anybody here on RPF outside of a select few that do some of the same Doctor Who conventions. I attended Dgragon Con last year for the first time and it was an....experience. We did not take any costumes, but this year we will. Plus my two nephews are going to fly in and join us. Will be their first con ever so either they will be addicted or not want to do anything with cons for some time. lol.

I would love to meet others from the RPF, so if there is a meet up I can be a part of, let me know.

As it stands now, I am working on a new movie Ninja Turtle starting Jan 1 (I promised my wife no costumes till Jan) and have been gathering the extras for Mikey, unless I suddenly change to Raph as he is my fav. hands down. I will also have a Season 1 Arrow outfit. Maybe one other, but not sure yet and depends on how long the turtle takes.

Hi everybody. I don't post much here on RPF, but I do read a lot. I have yet to meet anybody here on RPF outside of a select few that do some of the same Doctor Who conventions. I attended Dgragon Con last year for the first time and it was an....experience. We did not take any costumes, but this year we will. Plus my two nephews are going to fly in and join us. Will be their first con ever so either they will be addicted or not want to do anything with cons for some time. lol.

I would love to meet others from the RPF, so if there is a meet up I can be a part of, let me know.

As it stands now, I am working on a new movie Ninja Turtle starting Jan 1 (I promised my wife no costumes till Jan) and have been gathering the extras for Mikey, unless I suddenly change to Raph as he is my fav. hands down. I will also have a Season 1 Arrow outfit. Maybe one other, but not sure yet and depends on how long the turtle takes.

Welcome to the forum...There is a meet up, you can see the details on the first page. we had a meet last year and it was the first time and had a great turn out, and meet a lot of great and talented people. Some of my closest friends are because of this meet.

If you would like to join us, please let me know, and I can add your name "handle" to the list. We will have badges for everyone on the list. We will get a final head could closer to Dragoncon, so we aren't printing out ones for people who aren't going to be able to make it.

Welcome to the forum...There is a meet up, you can see the details on the first page. we had a meet last year and it was the first time and had a great turn out, and meet a lot of great and talented people. Some of my closest friends are because of this meet.

If you would like to join us, please let me know, and I can add your name "handle" to the list. We will have badges for everyone on the list. We will get a final head could closer to Dragoncon, so we aren't printing out ones for people who aren't going to be able to make it.

I was looking over the various post and I would love to do the meet and greet. The Star Wars groups I would not be able to do unfortunately as I don't even have the first item and no budget for it since I have 3 cons prior to DC I have to finance this year. If anymore group ideas come up, perhaps I can join in on them.

I was looking over the various post and I would love to do the meet and greet. The Star Wars groups I would not be able to do unfortunately as I don't even have the first item and no budget for it since I have 3 cons prior to DC I have to finance this year. If anymore group ideas come up, perhaps I can join in on them.

I have added your name to the meet up / badge list, don't forget to check back closer to Dragoncon to finalize that your going to be there as well as to check for times and locations. Once I find out about more meet ups I will post on here.

Can't wait to see you there.

We started going to Cons this year and Dragoncon is on the bucket list but as a newbie in general, I need to learn the ins and outs of when memberships go on sale for each one we want to go to. It looks like 2015 is already sold out. How long after the con does the next year go on sale? Here in Phoenix, the tickets just went on sale this past week and its at the end of May.

We started going to Cons this year and Dragoncon is on the bucket list but as a newbie in general, I need to learn the ins and outs of when memberships go on sale for each one we want to go to. It looks like 2015 is already sold out. How long after the con does the next year go on sale? Here in Phoenix, the tickets just went on sale this past week and its at the end of May.

Membership for Dragoncon basically for the most part goes on sale as soon as the con is over. That is when you can get your 4 day pass at it's cheapest rate. The price goes up every couple of months by $15.00. You can buy your ticket at any time, though the price does go up. Closer to the con you can buy single day tickets though the price is a lot higher for single day tickets. As for hotel rooms they usually go on sale right after the con or a month after the con, it mainly depends on what hotel your trying to say at. Marriot went on sale a month or so later and sold out in like 6-8 minutes. The tickets go on sale till the day of the con. I haven't personally seen Dragoncon sell out, though the longer you wait the higher the price gets. Usually by the time the con is around the highest your gonna pay for all 4 days is around $130.00. I will worn you, you said Dragoncon is on your bucket list, most that attend Dragoncon are hooked to come back for more, 2015 will be my 3rd year attending and 2nd year staying at the Marriott. If you need any more advise or info please ask, I'm sure we all have more then enough info for you.

I am planning on making the meetup this year. I apologize for being MIA this past year but the event I was at ran way longer than expected. Are we shooting for the same time/location as this year?

I am planning on making the meetup this year. I apologize for being MIA this past year but the event I was at ran way longer than expected. Are we shooting for the same time/location as this year?

As for the location, it most likely will be the same location as before...as for time, that may change no telling at this point....most likely will be around the same time...

Did you want me to add your name to the list...this is only a pre list to get an idea, we will have a final list for everyone that has "checked in" closer to the event...

Thanks, and no need to apologize for not making it, you had something to do and it was for a good cause...

The missus and I both would like to be added on. I was hoping we could shoot for a slightly later time so I could be at both. If you guys have hero or villain costumes you ca always join us : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413361465585879/?fref=ts

I have added your name to the list, let me know if you would like the misses to have her own badge as well, and name she would like to be on it...To be honest we will most likely do the same as last year, have the meet and hang around for an hour at the least and hang around longer, then move down to the lower level and mingle as a group...

We should have more info as we near closer to the con...thanks...hope to see you there...

Welcome, and looking forward to meeting you and other folks at this years meetup.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back