Dragoncon 2015

MatrixSpoon

Sr Member
attachment.jpg

...Please Read this entire first page before responding...

As Dragoncon 2014 has just ended, we all are sad. It's always hard leaving a con that you have had a blast at....

We all worked so hard on our costumes and we all already have ideas for next year!... So with that, lets start talking about everyone's ideas for next year....

I would like to personally thank everyone that showed up to
The RPF meet at Dragoncon in 2014,
we had over 30 people show up.
It was great turn out for our first meet, and it was wonderful to be able to meet all of you.

We will be having another RPF meetup in 2015, and we will be making new custom badges as well. Like before please let us know if you plan on attending the meetup by saying "I'm attending the meetup", so we have an custom RPF badge for you...

(Example of the New Custom Dragoncon RPF Meet Badge 2015)
RPF badge final design.jpg

Update: We will have a professional Photographer at the Event taking photos of the meet.
If you would like to book him for a photo shoot you can contact him here: https://www.facebook.com/UMOPhoto?fref=ts

Cutoff for having a Badge will be: August 25th 2015

Custom Badge List has ENDED. You can still attend the meet but we apologize we will not be making any more custom badges, the list has CLOSED and ENDED.

This front 1st page will have the up to date list of people that plan on attending the RPF Meet

Atten: Please send a copy of your Avatar to Helpfulnerd via PM.

Updated Custom Avatar RPF Meet: Name / Badge List:

ahoudini - Badge Printed

Amancue - Badge Printed

Andveryginger -
Badge Printed
aracknoid3 -
Badge Printed
ATL Kenobi - Badge Printed
BartimusATL -
Badge Printed
Big Vash - Badge Printed
chinbeard -
Badge Printed
Cogai - Badge Printed
datachomper - Badge Printed
Deuce017 - Badge Printed
Ed Grodek - Badge Printed
Egon Spengler -
Badge Printed
eldergodCthulhu - Badge Printed
erockson - Badge Printed

Fit Cosplayer -
Badge Printed
Gamora67 - Badge Printed
Girmalk -
Badge Printed
GotWookiee -
Badge Printed
grs100 -
Badge Printed
Helpfulnerd -
Badge Printed
HyruleInfantry -
Badge Printed
hzrdous -
Badge Printed
ichnob - Badge Printed
Inkblot -
Badge Printed
Inquisitor Peregrinus -
Badge Printed
ItalianNinja86 - Badge Printed
Jaedena -
Badge Printed
jackwabbit -
Badge Printed
JamesBryan - Badge Printed
JupiterThdrbolt -
Badge Printed
kaijugeek -
Badge Printed
KJC -
Badge Printed
Korban Dallas - Badge Printed
LabFarm - Badge Printed
Lucianthinus - Badge Printed
Matrixspoon -
Badge Printed
minismedley - Badge Printed
morphor -
Badge Printed
MrFish -
Badge Printed
MrSinistar - Badge Printed
Parkersandquinn - Badge Printed
pcfrog - Badge Printed
Pharmer Ray - Badge Printed
Preiastarle - Badge Printed
Rdmaul -
Badge Printed
redvelociraptor -
Badge Printed
RockIt -
Badge Printed
RyanWells - Badge Printed

Scouser -
Badge Printed
SKS Props -
Badge Printed
spatcave -
Badge Printed
staticweb23 -
Badge Printed
STLAssassin -
Badge Printed
Talisen -
Badge Printed
TangWay -
Badge Printed
TheLadyNerd -
Badge Printed
TheStig -
Badge Printed
TK-326 - Badge Printed
VIP - UMOPhoto - RPF Meet Photographer - Badge Printed
VegasVader -
Badge Printed
Vrogy - Badge Printed
WooHaa 08 - Badge Printed
WondeyWink -
Badge Printed

Updated No Avatar / and Avatar Not sent RPF Meet: Name / Badge List:

Gerrik - Avatar not sent
Inkydog - Avatar not sent
jmoriginal - No Avatar
jmoriginal - No Avatar
Mowsel - Avatar not sent
sydney42379 - No Avatar
thehorndogg - Avatar not sent
v137a - No Avatar

(posted attending the meet after the Aug 25th Badge deadline)
RPF Members attending the RPF Meet : Name List:

8bitdadJeeves
suehle

LANYARD UPDATE - Cut off to be on the lanyard list is Aug 15th cost: $5

Cutoff for lanyard list has ENDED...

The following people have expressed interest in purchasing an RPF lanyard:

ahoudini - Paid
andveryginger - Paid
Ed Grodek
Girmalk
GotWookiee - Paid
helpfulnerd - Paid
JupiterThdrbolt - Paid
Inquisitor Peregrinus - Paid
LabFarm +1 - Paid
Lucianthinus - Paid
MagnusOpus - Paid
MatrixSpoon - Paid
minismedley - Paid
Parkersandquinn +1 - Paid
PreiaStarle + 1 - Paid
redvelociraptor - Paid
RyanWells - Paid
spatcave - Paid
UMOPhoto - Paid
v137a - Paid
WondeyWink - Paid​

The location of the RPF Meet will be:
atlmq_phototour147.jpg
On the Skyline Level, 10th Floor of the Marriott.
Thursday Sept 3rd 2015 at 8:00 pm.

We can't wait to see everyone again...as well as meet new attendees...

Facebook Event Page for The RPF Meet : https://www.facebook.com/events/666959470072961/

Look for the RPF Flag
DET_0494.jpg

Group Cosplays from RPF Memembers For Dragaoncon 2015

dragoncon2014.jpg

atlmq_phototour147.jpg

DET_0494.jpg

RPF badge final design.jpg

attachment.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Put me down for the meetup. =D

After wearing a wig for 2013 (Valkyrie) and 2014 (Sif), I'm going wigless next year. As such -- all redheads!

Currently plotting Black Widow and B:TAS Batgirl. And trying to decide if I really want to try the Ultron version of Widow or not. Maybe I'd be better off making adjustments to my Avengers version...

After wearing a wig for 2013 (Valkyrie) and 2014 (Sif), I'm going wigless next year. As such -- all redheads!

Currently plotting Black Widow and B:TAS Batgirl. And trying to decide if I really want to try the Ultron version of Widow or not. Maybe I'd be better off making adjustments to my Avengers version...

I vote for Ultron version of Widow. Just my two cents. I am making some upgrades for next year for my Rebel X-Wing Pilot Football Player costume. And I've started a new Star Wars mashup costume based on Vader.

MatrixSpoon - Don't forget I'll be researching options for an upgraded RPF Meetup badge for 2015. I'll share info with you as I find it regarding print options, design concepts and badge cost, then we can put up the designs to a vote, maybe you can include that info as I send it to your top post so others can chime in, etc.

I have updated and added your name to the list, please let me know if this changes...thanks...can't wait for next year...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Matrix! I will definitely be back next year! ;D

I have updated and added your name to the list, please let me know if this changes...thanks...can't wait for next year...

MatrixSpoon

I found some sites for printing custom flags. Maybe for next year we could have a custom RPF flag printed and get a collapsing flag pole, would be easier to roll it all up and bring it with you.

http://www.qualityflags.com/Custom-Made-Flags-s/1818.htm

http://bestflag.com/?gclid=CJ_kjYW3yMACFSMV7AodbQoARA

http://www.banners.com/flags?gclid=CIP6zI63yMACFWwQ7AodnBAA5Q

http://www.quinnflags.com/CustomFlagsBanners.asp

That's great, but to be honest...I kinda like our flag, and seemed like a lot of people did too, and in the RPF fashion. It doesn't seem right having one made, seeing the site is devoted to us making stuff our self's?

I could be wrong, what does everyone else, think on the matter, should we keep the same flag we had this year or have a professional one made?...

That's great, but to be honest...I kinda like our flag, and seemed like a lot of people did too, and in the RPF fashion. It doesn't seem right having one made, seeing the site is devoted to us making stuff our self's?

I could be wrong, what does everyone else, think on the matter, should we keep the same flag we had this year or have a professional one made?...

I can see it both ways. One one hand we stick to the DIY home made version on the other hand I suggested a purchased option because it would be no different than a banner that folks make for their booth at conventions.

I have Screen Printing equipment so we could go that route and buy material and I can screen print the flag if making it at home makes you feel better.

I'm not partial to either method really, just making a suggestion, and I'm not trying to offend the DIY crowd. Sometimes I make, sometimes I buy. Just depends. But you do make a good point about making one and since I have the means to screen print a flag at home I'm down to make one if you want me to.

I can see it both ways. One one hand we stick to the DIY home made version on the other hand I suggested a purchased option because it would be no different than a banner that folks make for their booth at conventions.

I have Screen Printing equipment so we could go that route and buy material and I can screen print the flag if making it at home makes you feel better.

I'm not partial to either method really, just making a suggestion, and I'm not trying to offend the DIY crowd. Sometimes I make, sometimes I buy. Just depends. But you do make a good point about making one and since I have the means to screen print a flag at home I'm down to make one if you want me to.

It's cool, i wasn't trying to start an argument, i just like to get everyone involved and get everyone's ideas, because I didn't make the RPF i'm just a member. just like everyone else, and i feel like everyone should have a say...

even though where the ones making the stuff and buying the stuff for the meet...if that makes since?...

It's cool, i wasn't trying to start an argument, i just like to get everyone involved and get everyone's ideas, because I didn't make the RPF i'm just a member. just like everyone else, and i feel like everyone should have a say...

even though where the ones making the stuff and buying the stuff for the meet...if that makes since?...

Dude, I wasn't trying to argue either, just wanted to clarify my intentions about my suggestion. I value feedback as much as you do.

And like I said I have screen printing equipment so maybe we can go that route, just let me know.

I liked the flag this year because not only is it self-supporting (i.e., it doesn't collapse against the pole so you can't see what it says), it was also made out of a material that is used so widely by RPF members, so it really speaks directly to what RPF members do and how it is done. I think a cloth flag would kind of be a step back.

Of course, I'm not the one having to transport it back and forth to the Con and lug it around all night, so...

I liked the flag this year because not only is it self-supporting (i.e., it doesn't collapse against the pole so you can't see what it says), it was also made out of a material that is used so widely by RPF members, so it really speaks directly to what RPF members do and how it is done. I think a cloth flag would kind of be a step back.

Of course, I'm not the one having to transport it back and forth to the Con and lug it around all night, so...

thanks so much for your feedback, i felt the same way....when i made it...and i didn't think about the falling back part of a new flag, so thanks for that....its a lot to carry around, but it's worth it...

Good point. I had forgot that MatrixSpoon told me it was the same foam used in a lot of costumes. So it makes since to keep it the way it is. I'm gonna pick up some of that foam this weekend for my new costume project.

That was actually the first thing that struck me about the flag when I walked up, was it was the eva foam that i'd been building with for the last three months, that made it really relevant <3 I actually turned to my companion and pointed that fact out immediately lol

Though I could see if we wanted to ever go into the parade as a group someday having a banner with a digital representation of that flag on it to be more visible at the front, as well as the foam flag itself following the group :)

Would love to attend next year. This year, I came in on Friday so there was no way to make the meet up. Plans are currently pending on my hotel situation. We failed to get the Hyatt. Hilton vouchers are all gone. Sheraton is sold out. Westin is out of their current room block and is pending release of more rooms at a future date. All that leaves is Marriott in the near future for the main Dragon Con hotels. And I have to admit, I want to stay in a main hotel because I love Dragon Con TV.

Hey everyone ! I met a lot of you around con. I met helpfulnerd and matrixspoon in the Hyatt. I kept running in to helpfulnard and he has a great plan for cosplay idea. I have four people in for our football game. I am signed up for any meet up next year.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back