Dragoncon 2015

I am getting a room at the Holiday Inn, seems to be close enough to be able to walk, and in close enough proximity to the rest of the convention hotels where you won't get too many stares coming into the lobby.

I am getting a room at the Holiday Inn, seems to be close enough to be able to walk, and in close enough proximity to the rest of the convention hotels where you won't get too many stares coming into the lobby.

You by any chance looking for someone to split the bill? I'm good with floor space.

Hope Everyone enjoyed the day

10599660_10152747394893806_4139039230382397397_n.png

You by any chance looking for someone to split the bill? I'm good with floor space.

Checking to see how big of a room we can get. I am going to be securing one before the end of April just so I know I have a room near the con before I get my badge. If the missus and I want to share, you'll be the first person I let know.

It's been quite here so I'm just gonna post a random post to try to get things rolling again...hows everyone's costumes coming along? Have you started on your costume, or are you just like me starting now, with 4 months left till Dragoncon?...

image.jpg

It's been quiet here so I'm just gonna post a random post to try to get things rolling again...how's everyone's costumes coming along? Have you started on your costume, or are you just like me starting now, with 4 months left till Dragoncon?...

View attachment 469408

Hahaha funny you should mention that....

But seriously- I have been researching for the past 2 weeks and that's as far as I've gotten! I've still got to choose what my third costume will be and if I don't I guess I'll use something else from my closet... To do: Black Widow AOU, Peggy Carter formal war outfit (the green one with the tie and suit) and maybe Anna from Frozen? Not sure yet since I would only do that if my friend is committing to Elsa yet she wants me to help her make it... Any thoughts on that? If not, I may just end up wearing my previously completed Merida cosplay, instead. Here's hoping my super seamstress grandmother will be willing to help with all of this...

Hahaha funny you should mention that....

But seriously- I have been researching for the past 2 weeks and that's as far as I've gotten! I've still got to choose what my third costume will be and if I don't I guess I'll use something else from my closet... To do: Black Widow AOU, Peggy Carter formal war outfit (the green one with the tie and suit) and maybe Anna from Frozen? Not sure yet since I would only do that if my friend is committing to Elsa yet she wants me to help her make it... Any thoughts on that? If not, I may just end up wearing my previously completed Merida cosplay, instead. Here's hoping my super seamstress grandmother will be willing to help with all of this...

Picking out what your going to be is one of the hardest things...Usually you think of stuff that you want to do while your still at the con, ha ha. For me I have 3 New costumes to make and edit one that I did last year. If all goes well, I'm hoping I have plenty of time since we have about 4.5 months left, that would give me a month for each costume, which I shouldn't need that much time, since most of my stuff this year I'm sowing, though only time will tell...

It's been quite here so I'm just gonna post a random post to try to get things rolling again...hows everyone's costumes coming along? Have you started on your costume, or are you just like me starting now, with 4 months left till Dragoncon?...

Hello, everyone! New to this site, but this will be my eighth year at DragonCon. The last couple years I have worn a Dieselpunk Starkiller costume. I may wear that again, but I'm in the process of building a Destiny Hunter costume that I plan to debut this year. Lots of work left to do!

I have been working on my items, but they have been delayed over due to life more often that not, so my main project, the Ninja Turtle is now on the back burner. I am still going to have my Arrow Season 1, just may not be the suit I had wanted originally. Been working on Netflix Daredevil Red suit this week with plans to be done in July. Figure that gives me plenty of wiggle room since I am not a pro at sewing or anything else. Plus I know life will mess up my plans more than I can ever plan for. Anything beyond those 2 suits will be bonus material. I have other things I could wear, but not wanting to in that heat and crowd.

Currently working on Iron Fist, Booker deWitt and Wolverine. Everything else is done for the time being though, which is always a plus. The missus is finishing up her Spider Splicer and then we are working on her Elizabeth costume. For the con I have Agent Venom and Daredevil set to go.

As a reminder, we are having an RPF meet up...So if your name / handle is not on this list and you plan on attending the meet please let me know that you would like to attend the meet up, this will let us know that we need to have a RPF badge for you. We will be doing a head count closer to the event to insure that were not making badges for people that are not going to be able to make it...Thanks so much in advance....

These are the people that have said that there planing on attending the RPF Dragoncon Meet Up so far...

Andveryginger - Avatar
Grifter2013 - Avatar
Helpfulnerd - Avatar
HyruleInfantry - Avatar
hzdous - Avatar
Jaedena - Avatar

Lucianthinus - Avatar
Matrixspoon - Avatar
Mowsel - Avatar
Scouser - Avatar

Talisen -

My only concern with the meetup now I know what day is I have to meet my nephews at the airport and ride the Marta back with them to the Marriott. Can't remember what time they fly in, I think they land about same time as check in which is 3 or 4 for the Marriott?

Hopefully the meetup is closer to maybe 8:00? I have the superhero appreciation dinner the same night around 7:00.

I have updated the Main 1st page with all the info that you should hopefully need...The meet will be at 8:00pm we should be there at least an hour if not longer then eventually move down to the lower levels, keep an eye out for the RPF flag...Shouldn't be able to miss it...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back