Dragoncon 2015

Hello all! I have been reading here for years, but decided to create an account and post to maybe be able to meet up with some of you awesome folk! I have my Dragoncon pass already, and am hoping to make it on Thursday.
I am currently working on:
Hoth Leia
Two Wonder Woman (Wonder Women?)
Once upon a Time Bandit Snow (YES, Guri!!)
upgrades to Batgirl

Looking forward to chatting more, now that I am officially a member :)

I'll be going with Wife this year. We will be there Friday thru Sunday.
Not sure what days but we will be wearing
66 Batman and Catwoman
TDK and Poison Ivy or Batwoman "she can't make up her mind"
Classic Star Trek Movie Uniforms

My list of potential costumes thus far:
Green Goblin (original redesign concept)
white walker from Game of Thrones
Kroenen from Hellboy - to pair with helpfulnerd's Rasputin
something from DC comics - potentially giant Doomsday foam suit
a thing
another thing

My list of potential costumes thus far:
Green Goblin (original redesign concept)
white walker from Game of Thrones
Kroenen from Hellboy - to pair with helpfulnerd's Rasputin
something from DC comics - potentially giant Doomsday foam suit
a thing
another thing

I love you have "a thing" and "another thing"

I have my official list and I might have a thing or two as well. To many ideas. :lol

There are. I don't think they go on sale quite yet. I believe they should go on sale in a month or so.

I'm looking to go this year. It'll be my first time! I'll be wearing my Kingsguard armor, and something else - haven't decided what yet!

I'm looking at the official site, and I'm only seeing the info for the 4-day membership package. Are there not any other one or two-day tickets?

Last year I purchased a Sat only badge for a friend and it was $50. I got it at the end of July, so around that time they'll be selling 2 day (Sat & Sun) and 1 day Sat or Sun passes.

All the DragonCon site has in the FAQ right now is this:

On-Site Memberships

Check back here closer to the show for On-Site Membership info.

:lol

I don't think they sell a Monday only pass, since it's the last day of the Con.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter and I are going for the first time this year, and I had no idea the rooms went so quickly! If anyone hears of a room in a host hotel for which we can take over the reservation, I would be eternally grateful. I will be happy to pay any associated fees, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case you are still looking, I sent you a PM.

Wow, I hadn't thought of asking on here, but we are looking for a room in the host hotels too. Last time we went we were able to find one at the last minute, but now I'm getting nervous it might not be so easy.

Let me know if anyone hears of anything! Thanks. :)

Wish I had more rooms to help people out. I only had this one because I reserved it before Marriott went on sale (plus its only host hotel that allowed my dog). Got lucky with a Marriott room. I don't have time to follow many post on this site or others anymore, so just figured I would offer it to first person I saw that needed a room once I was sure I still had a Marriott room. (Heard stories of reservations disappearing last year).
If I hear of anybody with an extra room I will direct them this direction.

Man, now I wish I had asked this weekend like I had considered. Well, since its out there, might as well ask now :) Does anybody have any extra space, and looking for somebody to split the bill?

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Coming down from Canada for my first D*con ever this year with a few of my girlfriends. Managed to get a room at the Marriott when they went up back on Oct. so pretty pumped! Any advice of things not to miss welcome! Been reading this thread and other sites trying to prepare myself to make the most of it cus who knows when I'll get a chance to go again;

still planning costumes; know for sure:
- Peter Quill (gonna try to be as screen accurate as I can get, but...as a girl, cus even though I'm almost as tall as Mr.Pratt, no where near as beefy as him)
- Elizabeth (Burial at Sea DLC)

Possible costumes I'll have from other cons I might bring along:
- Regina from Once Upon a time (shattered sight ep)
- Tauriel from The Hobbit (spider hunting dress)
- Madalena from Galavant (purple tango dress)

Still got a decent amount of time to decide all that I want to bring. Can't wait though! I've always heard nothing but amazing things so I'm excited to finally experience it all.

We'll be there! 11th and 12th years running...

Still costume forumalating at the moment! LOTS that I want to do. Right now in the running:

-Ringwraiths (Trying to get all 9)
-18th Century versions of Belle and Prince Adam from Beauty and the Beast
-Elder Scrolls Online Altmer
-New versions of Gambit and Rogue

Probably will try to fit Legolas and Tauriel in there at some point, but they're not that big of a priority this year!

I just want to apoligize for not commenting in awhile, I have been traveling for the past 3 months on business...I lost my laptop at TSA customs check point at the airport, I have just now gotten my laptop back, and I have one more week to conclude my travels...

For everyone that has commented on this forum recently that wants to join the meet up, please let me know...And I will add your name to the list...thank you in advance...

Once again I apologize for the in-convince...

Coming down from Canada for my first D*con ever this year with a few of my girlfriends. Managed to get a room at the Marriott when they went up back on Oct. so pretty pumped! Any advice of things not to miss welcome! Been reading this thread and other sites trying to prepare myself to make the most of it cus who knows when I'll get a chance to go again;

still planning costumes; know for sure:
- Peter Quill (gonna try to be as screen accurate as I can get, but...as a girl, cus even though I'm almost as tall as Mr.Pratt, no where near as beefy as him)
- Elizabeth (Burial at Sea DLC)

Possible costumes I'll have from other cons I might bring along:
- Regina from Once Upon a time (shattered sight ep)
- Tauriel from The Hobbit (spider hunting dress)
- Madalena from Galavant (purple tango dress)

Still got a decent amount of time to decide all that I want to bring. Can't wait though! I've always heard nothing but amazing things so I'm excited to finally experience it all.

Seeing that it's your first Dragoncon, this may help you out. It helped me out on my first Dragoncon...heres the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1S2nhQLf4

I would love to see that Burial At Sea outfit when you are done with it. The missus and I are planning on going as Booker and Liz in the parade this year. By the way, remember the 16th of this month is when registration opens, and they don't do it on the Yahoo groups page anymore.

thanks for the info! I didn't know that about reg, good to know.

My burial at sea Liz is basically done, just need the cameo which I should be picking up at a different con this weekend; plan to wear it to the aquarium party at D*con because...well bioshock and aquariums. How can one resist lol

Torn between keeping it clean like she is in the first episode or dirtying and bloodying myself up like she is by the end of it...feel like the latter might be more fun.

Great to know someone else is going to be at the aquarium too. We might be there as Booker and Liz, although I imagine she will want to do the clean version.

There are. I don't think they go on sale quite yet. I believe they should go on sale in a month or so.

Last year I purchased a Sat only badge for a friend and it was $50. I got it at the end of July, so around that time they'll be selling 2 day (Sat & Sun) and 1 day Sat or Sun passes.

All the DragonCon site has in the FAQ right now is this:

On-Site Memberships

Check back here closer to the show for On-Site Membership info.

:lol

I don't think they sell a Monday only pass, since it's the last day of the Con.

Thanks guys. I emailed them and they actually said one-day and weekend-only passes "weren't a thing". :unsure I'll keep checking back on the site in case the person I talked to doesn't know what they were talking about...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back