Dragoncon 2015

I'm good for membership (eternal) and I have booked a room in the W ($$$!). I'll cancel that if I manage to get into my preferred hotel (Sheraton - much cheaper), but for now at least I know I have a room.

I'm good for membership (eternal) and I have booked a room in the W ($$$!). I'll cancel that if I manage to get into my preferred hotel (Sheraton - much cheaper), but for now at least I know I have a room.

Thats a good Idea, I never thought of doing something like that...

You can put Talisen and I down. We'll both be at DC next year :)

We have lodging - we lucked out with the Hyatt.

I will definitely be at DragonCon next year as I live in Atlanta and don't bother with a hotel room. I still consider myself new to the forum. I haven't met anyone unless they are also SCF members. Speaking of that, the RPF meetup was at the same time as the SCF meetup, so I didn't get to go. If a conflict happens again next year, I will try to make an appearance at each. As for costumes for 2015, I need to finish the Green Goblin version that was supposed to be for this year. I did end up wearing the mask and a super simplified version of the costume on Sunday. If you were hanging around the Marriott on Sunday night you may have spotted me in this:
036.JPG

I didn't have any of the armor pieces I worked on and the mask was not detailed; it was just pigmented green with no shading or skin tone.
Brand new costumes I am considering are Doomsday for the DC shoot. I also kind of want to try to get a group to do TMNT movie costumes from the original 1990 live action movie (25th anniversary). I will probably make a post to gauge any interest in this.

I will definitely be at DragonCon next year as I live in Atlanta and don't bother with a hotel room. I still consider myself new to the forum. I haven't met anyone unless they are also SCF members. Speaking of that, the RPF meetup was at the same time as the SCF meetup, so I didn't get to go. If a conflict happens again next year, I will try to make an appearance at each. As for costumes for 2015, I need to finish the Green Goblin version that was supposed to be for this year. I did end up wearing the mask and a super simplified version of the costume on Sunday. If you were hanging around the Marriott on Sunday night you may have spotted me in this:
View attachment 378308

I didn't have any of the armor pieces I worked on and the mask was not detailed; it was just pigmented green with no shading or skin tone.
Brand new costumes I am considering are Doomsday for the DC shoot. I also kind of want to try to get a group to do TMNT movie costumes from the original 1990 live action movie (25th anniversary). I will probably make a post to gauge any interest in this.

Sorry you weren't able to make the meet this year hope that your able to make it next year, let us know if you'd like to be added to the list...

As far as the ninja turtles idea we have a guy that has an amazing ninja turtle...you might want to contact him his costumes are amazing...

Go ahead and throw my name on the list as well. Got my membership too, just need to find a hotel now.

You have been added to the list, can't wait to meet you...

FYI we would like to get a conformation from you closer to the date to be sure your coming. That way we don't have extra badges of people that never showed up...

Some of the overflow hotels have opened up booking, and a few are fully refundable, so now's a good time to jump on a room. I'm still holding out for the Marriott but I have a "plan B" reserved now.

Can anyone explain the process for how they are booking rooms this year? You have to call some number to reserve your place for a registration? Is that right?

Been busy working on my client projects but wanted to jump back on the forum and catch up with folks.

I recently joined Astromech.net the R2-D2 builders club. My Dad and I are going to tackle a R2 Unit Build. Still debating on full RC or static display version. RC version would be awesome to take to DragonCon and drive around. I'm gonna need a second job to pull that off.

Started working on my next Star Wars mashup cosplay. MatrixSpoon and I have discussed badges for this year. I'll be sharing some prototypes of badge designs on this thread hopifully this week. I'm also going to make a second RPF flag to bring to the meetup. MatrixSpoon and I are going to be in the lobby letting our RPF flags fly. LOL

I'm excited that more folks are going to be making to the meetup for 2015 as well as seeing folks that I met this year.

Other builds include a brass gauntlet that I'm working on. May end up using it for one of my costumes, but at the very least it will be fun to make. Cardboard first. LOL Then brass.

Like we have all agreed before about completing costumes before the Con, I deff learned that lesson too. Waiting too long to finish some painting that resulted in the paint not completly setting and it was still tacky on Friday of the Con. That sucked for sure.

Also wanted to let you folks know that sense I live in Atlanta I have a couch for anyone that may need to save some bucks on a hotel or can't find a Con hotel room. Uber is a good way to get to the con, and I'm only 10 mins away. I can provide a key so you can come and go during the 4 days once I get to know you. We have almost a year after all. Just want to say that I would hate that the reason someone doesn't go is because they don't have a place to crash.

And now back to my Farnsworth Prop Replica build. That is my project for the evening. Oh and I updated my DragonCon count down timer on my website: helpfulnerd.com it's on the home page to let folks know that I WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE! lol

Keep nerdin and geekin out everybody.

MatrixSpoon here is version 1 of an updated meetup badge concept I put together. I was inspired by how the RPF site sometimes has the logo transparent so you can see the header image behind it.

I also used an image from the pics I took of you as Neo in the lobby. I made a portrait version and a landscape version. Things like RPF username, city and if you are premium can go on the badge.

Notice that the badge does not have an avatar. I am working on some alternate badge designs too. This badge concept is to illustrate if someone wanted a picture of them in costume on their badge instead of an avatar. It's the same size as the DragonCon badge, which I think is pretty neato. It could be half the size (landscape) or a third the size (portrait)

I also put an effect on the picture of you so it looks more like an illustration or cartoonish. The real image can be used too.

Looking for feedback. Thanks.

2015 RPF Meetup Badge Concept v1.jpg

MatrixSpoon here is version 1 of an updated meetup badge concept I put together. I was inspired by how the RPF site sometimes has the logo transparent so you can see the header image behind it.

I also used an image from the pics I took of you as Neo in the lobby. I made a portrait version and a landscape version. Things like RPF username, city and if you are premium can go on the badge.

Notice that the badge does not have an avatar. I am working on some alternate badge designs too. This badge concept is to illustrate if someone wanted a picture of them in costume on their badge instead of an avatar. It's the same size as the DragonCon badge, which I think is pretty neato. It could be half the size (landscape) or a third the size (portrait)

I also put an effect on the picture of you so it looks more like an illustration or cartoonish. The real image can be used too.

Looking for feedback. Thanks.

View attachment 380008

Dude that looks sick,.,,

Matrixspoon here is the basic badge concept. Used some Red like the previous badge, put the dragoncon logo as a watermark. Let me know what you all think.

So the badge concept from my previous post would be a custom badge - you can request to use a picture of you in costume as the entire badge background instead of this basic version that would have the avatar. Yay options!

2015 RPF Meetup Basic Badge Concept v1.jpg

I've never been to this Con, so I'll have to change that in 2015 - count me in (astromech too).

Awesome! It's the only Con I've been too, been going since 2007.

Since you are on Astromech and I'm starting my R2 built soon I'll probably be messaging you for advice, if that's ok.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back