Dragoncon 2015

How better to hold your pins while working on a costume for DragonCon than in a Pinhead pin cushion?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424198251.135087.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hows everyone coming along with your costumes?...I'm a bit behind due to my travels, I'm finally done with all my business traveling for work, so now I can dive head first into my costumes for this year...should be pretty epic for me...trying a different approach this year...doing more sowing and less effects...though the effect with accent and add to the costumes...

My job has slowed down any progress I have made to a crawl, but hopefully I will be able to resume work this or next week. I may have to do 2 costumes instead of 3 like I planned if I can't pick up the pace :(

Sent from my LGL55C

As a reminder, we are having an RPF meet up...So if your name / handle is not on this list and you plan on attending the meet please let me know that you would like to attend the meet up, this will let us know that we need to have a RPF badge for you. We will be doing a head count closer to the event to insure that were not making badges for people that are not going to be able to make it...Thanks so much in advance....

These are the people that have said that there planing on attending the RPF Dragoncon Meet Up so far...

Andveryginger - Avatar
Grifter2013 - Avatar
Helpfulnerd - Avatar
HyruleInfantry - Avatar
hzdous - Avatar
Jaedena - Avatar

Lucianthinus - Avatar
Matrixspoon - Avatar
Mowsel - Avatar
Scouser - Avatar

Talisen -

So do we have a time frame for this one yet? I have the Superhero Appreciation Dinner with the kids on the same night, and we'd like to be able to hit both.

So do we have a time frame for this one yet? I have the Superhero Appreciation Dinner with the kids on the same night, and we'd like to be able to hit both.

Not as of yet, but I'm thinking we'll probably be doing it around 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm...some where close around those times...

Coming down from Canada for my first D*con ever this year with a few of my girlfriends. Managed to get a room at the Marriott when they went up back on Oct. so pretty pumped! Any advice of things not to miss welcome! Been reading this thread and other sites trying to prepare myself to make the most of it cus who knows when I'll get a chance to go again;

still planning costumes; know for sure:
- Peter Quill (gonna try to be as screen accurate as I can get, but...as a girl, cus even though I'm almost as tall as Mr.Pratt, no where near as beefy as him)
- Elizabeth (Burial at Sea DLC)

Possible costumes I'll have from other cons I might bring along:
- Regina from Once Upon a time (shattered sight ep)
- Tauriel from The Hobbit (spider hunting dress)
- Madalena from Galavant (purple tango dress)

Still got a decent amount of time to decide all that I want to bring. Can't wait though! I've always heard nothing but amazing things so I'm excited to finally experience it all.

Some good resources for newbies would be The DragonCon Forums, as well as the Facebook group: DragonCon Newbies. These podcasts are also good:

http://www.debriefingdragoncon.com/

Also should plug my sad little, neglected blog that does have a few entries on DragonCon tips:

https://ne0ven0m.wordpress.com/

And to someone else's question about daily passes, they've always been available, but you can't buy them in advance. They've sold some Saturday passes early, but that's all that I've seen. Some prices from 2014 to give you an idea:

http://dailydragon.dragoncon.org/2014-2/membership-at-the-door/

I still haven't been able to get a room. I think I might have to do a roomshare with someone this time around.

You and me both. I've been asking around for a month, and I still haven't been able to find someone looking to split the bill :(

Sent from my LGL55C

last year I was so stressed with working on my costumes in the hotel and the beds in the Marriott are amazing, I over slept almost every day at the con, missed the parade, and all...Sometimes sleeping on the floor is best makes you wake up sooner, hahah...

My first year I was able to see the parade and got a good spot...Last year I missed it, this year won't be missed especially since my best friend from work is going to be attending Dragoncon for the first time this year...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back