My short film serial 'Monomyth'

robertsonick

Hi everyone,

I recently finished making a short film serial called 'Monomyth' - it took me 6 years, I built a number of cool props that this community might dig. It's sci-fi, deals with time travel, spans decades - I'm really proud of it.
I'd love for you to take a look and let me know what you think. I got a lot of inspiration and tips and help from members here over the years so I'd just like to thank all of you for being the generous, talented group you are.

It's on my Vimeo page, which can be found here.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look!

N.

Last edited:
What a weird and beautiful series of films! Loved the music, loved the 4:3 aspect ratio and the fact you had shot it on film! The intro was especially very well done.

Surely you're making more?! Would love to see what happens to the time traveller / cyborg. :thumbsup

Hi Ville,
Thanks so much for taking a look at it! I really appreciate the kind words.

Yeah, more are written for sure. As I mentioned above, this batch took me 6 years so I'm going to make some other shorts and music videos for a while and then come back to this for 'season 2' - I've got three more written, one shows what book he was given and how that leads to him having the idea for time travel, where he gets the inspiration for the suit. Another is what happens during his time in Vietnam, how he was captured and how he escapes and the third one is the robot and the scientist on Mars.
There are a lot of open threads and unanswered questions in there that I'm looking forward to following up on.
Again, thanks so much for watching, tell your friends :)

Nick.

Awesome man. Also, bah, now I am sucked in and need more. Always leave your audience wanting more they say. Love the props too. Really well done, your camera work and composition are spot on.

Pm me more, I promise I won't tell.
Did I say more.

Sent from HTC-R2D2

Hey Krumme,

That's great news that you want more, thanks!
I left a few hints as to what goes down next, watch again and see if you can figure it out :D

I couldn't shoot any more because film died whilst I was shooting, the next set will have to be shot digitally which is annoying but I'll make it work.

N.

My views have been going up steadily so thanks to anyone here who has clicked through and taken the time to watch the film.
Cheers!
Nick.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back