Don´t we all love being Dads, just for the excuse to buy cool and fun toys?

DaddyfromNaboo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
duplo-lego-dc-heroes.jpg
http://www.dadsbigplan.com/2014/04/batman-and-superman-dc-universe-super-heroes-duplo-sets/

My two-years-old is big into Duplo building (it´s insane how time flies and how fast those little ones build their inventory of skills) and just now I discovered there´s Bats and Supes in that format!

I am on the fence though if he probably is a little too young for the concept of good and evil, though. But hey, I can still buy them for later :D

Right there with you. Mine will be three next month. He loves stormtroopers. As his potty training reward he's getting the talking Disney stormtrooper. He just got the Hasbro gun and a mask we found at Target. We chase each other all through the house pew pewing. :)

... As his potty training reward he's getting the talking Disney stormtrooper. ... We chase each other all through the house pew pewing. :)

Hah! More pew pewing, less pee-peeing, I guess ;)

Michael, why don't you admit it - we're among brothers ;)

Wait, you have kids, too? :p

Why do you feel you have to have kids to buy cool toys? I'm 49 years old, don't have any kids and I buy toys all the time.

I stopped buying cool toys for myself quite some time before I was suddenly alone with my small one,but from time to time I sneak away into my cellar to oogle at the old stuff that´s kept in boxes. Although I come to find it more and more unnatural to leave toys in their boxes :p Let´s wait and see whether or not he fancies playing with those 12 inch hasbro star wars dollies :D

Haha I'll confess that I had a lot of fun with my boys' toys (until they got into video games--not a fan). The Star Wars Transformers years were especially fun :)

I have the feeling that those various phases of favourite toys come and go wayyy too quickly ... although atm I do enjoy the wooden train- Duplo -Schleich animals phase quite a lot

4019359822016_detail_l_0.jpg

http://www.schleich-s.com/de/AT/

Oh, and let´s not forget his interest in everything dinosaur!!! And here I thought that would start at the earliest with 3-4 years ...

Hey add uncles in there too. I spoiled the heck out of my nephew. I had one large-ish Rubbermaid container full of LEGOs (the s is there to drive someone nuts :lol) and he has maybe three times that. I think I got him any SW Lego set he liked for Christmas and birthdays. I also got him that giant Hasbro AT-AT a few years back for Christmas. He wanted it, but I never got the original so I also kind of wanted it! :lol

Hey add uncles in there too....

Hah! I was that kind of uncle, too! Not only for my sibling´s kids, because unfortunately I was either too young to be that kind of uncle (my oldest niece is just 9 years younger than me), but for friend´s kids, too. I remember being the fave of the kids of a good friend of mine when we visited them, since I was the only one who could properly explain all the characters and vehicles in their Lego star wars catalogue :D :D

I have a 3 and half year old daughter, I'm just not enough of a bronie to find My Little Pony cool. Still, she has a bit of a thing for Superman so I'm working that angle.

Hah! I love this thread. When my son was 6 we played Star Wars nearly every day...which is the primary reason I am now a 501st Vader (well, it's the excuse I used anyway ;)

I have a 3 and half year old daughter, I'm just not enough of a bronie to find My Little Pony cool. Still, she has a bit of a thing for Superman so I'm working that angle.

My 7yo. niece has always tried to get me to play Barbies, Littlest Pet Shop, etc. and I told her that boys don't know how to play that stuff. :lol She accepted that, but I would have if she really insisted. Luckily she likes video games!

Over the years, Legos, trains, planes, diecast, props, costumes, diy projects, models, gaming, miniatures, conventions... I have really enjoyed my time with them merging my interest with them as well all the activities they have done.

My sons in their GB gear on Halloween:

htrRAf.jpg

My kids had to do a project for class where they took a picture of themselves with a class book and in the background a hobby/toy/item to show their personality.

My son's picture he used last year:

mikepsyc005.jpg

My son Michael with the saber, daughter Elizabeth crouched and son David with the Aperture Science gun in the window.

My daughter Liz this year with a bit of cosplay:

oFIigL.jpg

When I took my son Michael to Celebration 3, he was treated by the adults at the convention like royalty. I think most of the adults there wanted him to experience it as they would have if they could have as kids. One of the best times he experience at such events.
I think most kids with parents here have such a great advantage of seeing things and experiencing such that most parents here, are most likely big imaginative creative kids themselves.

Absolutely, my kids have had fun with the props in my collection as well collected many themselves. Its great being a dad. :)

Last edited:
Bumping this thread because it's great and I have an addition. My son is turning four this week and he's been asking me for Boba Fett's ship. I was going to buy him one but I couldn't find a cool one for a good price, so I dug a vintage one out of storage and gave it a quick repaint. He was super excited. We've been playing with it every day.

I will get my toys regardless of kids.

But I have two daughters... which is a great excuse to go and watch films like, Cinderella.

I've always enjoyed getting to buy (and play with ;) ) cool toys for my daughter, enjoy it while it lasts! They go from blasters and lightsabers to katana and pistols before you know it. :)

This thread is fun to read period (even for me as a non-parent).I used to help train kids at the local sports club,and eventhough their attention span was almost non-existent,we all had a blast.
You're never too old to fancy toys (Mask/G.I.Joe/Transformers/Lego),so in that sense Cosplay/Costuming is timeless,and a great way to get in touch with your kids.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back