Don´t we all love being Dads, just for the excuse to buy cool and fun toys?

Fantastic repaint! Looks better than the re-issue. Prices are crazy for the cool classic ships.

My son turns 3 on sunday, he´ll get this bad boy among other things (although I think he will be totally overwhelmed by all those gifts). View attachment 462457

So it is books. Books, books, books. The best gift for kids, except maybe for building blocks (wooden, plastic, you name it).

This one got me all excited http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Whe...1445591868&sr=8-1&keywords=wheres+the+wookiee

But I am asking myself, why doesn´t the Wookiee look like a Wookiee? Why that weird abominable snowman nose? I think I´ll get it anyway.

61m-x6RujhL._SX360_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Other recommendations:

- Petson and Findus
- The Gruffalo
- Bob the Builder books if the kid loves the show

I've mentioned it before but my son is nine very close to the age I saw a new hope in the cinema , we've gone through original saga then I introduce him to the new saga and he got me into clone wars , he's transitioned to computer games but still enjoys a light sabre battle an odd time, interestingly he's now playing KOTOR which I never read or played so he's educating me. He only kind of gets why I like the millennium falcon , he has his own favourites, but it's great when we sit down to watch a Star Wars film and he says ANH.
What im looking forward to is us both enjoying the new 5 films together , and maybe changing his mind on how cool the Falcon is :D

I thought mine was done and off to other things. However, The Force Awakens is coming and he is dusting the old stuff off again. First order of business to put all the parts back on the ships and match weapons to action figures. :)

My son got the Hasbro RC BB8 for Christmas. This thing is actually really neat and he likes it a lot. The appearance was lacking a little for my tastes so I weathered it up. Didn't bother to repaint anything, just a quick weathering job.

IMG_1667.JPG

This is what they look like out of the box.

16879679.jpg

I will get my toys regardless of kids.

But I have two daughters... which is a great excuse to go and watch films like, Cinderella.

been there done that but with older disney movies when my daughter was much younger. she is 21 now, im 43 and i admit openly to it: we still can have shedloads of fun sitting on the couch with a huge bucket of popcorn watching some teen feelgood movie and giggle or laugh about it. some call it bizar, i just enjoy the fact she still sees me as dad and not just the old geezer that raised her. :)

and my 11 year old son? he loves lego so yes, great excuse for me to buy lego and build things with him. :D

Lol, it sure is. I'm just glad my kids took an immediate liking to Star Wars. I was honestly worried about it!

Hah, I know that fear, so I did not want to overexpose my almost 4 y.o. son to star wars. But those little bits he got to see kind of stuck, unfortunately he really seems to like Darth Maul more than Darth Vader :D And the almost 12 y.o. daughter of my gf likes ROTS more than any OT film, but it´s possible that may change ;) But there is potential ;)

Alright, we have been discovering games for quite some time now, starting of course with "Memory". He mastered that really quick and I think we´ve been playing for a little over a year now. Then came "Dominoes Bob the builder edition", followed by "Orchard" https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5770/orchard . Thank you, kindergarten!!! Then there´s the alltime classic "Funny Bunny" https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8964/funny-bunny and "Cat and Mouse" https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11778/cat-mouse . About half a year ago we bought "Uno! Mooo!" https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/42920/uno-moo

He´s approaching 4 years really quick, and we are advancing towards classic like "Uno!" (he knows and reads all the numbers already) aaand *drumroll* "Aggravation".

It is so satisfying to see how much he has playing.

BUT !!! We unfortunately let him play Mario Kart 8 on the WII, and he seems to be hooked. He is totally proud of his ever developing skills but it is really hard for him to cope with being "pulled out" of the game, i.e. having to stop playing. We have established a rule of 30 mins tops per day so his "big sister" can play Wii, but that still seems to be too much. It´s way earlier than I had wished for him to explore digital gaming systems, but I can´t always keep the older child from playing.

Ah well, easter holidays are over in about a week, so there won´t be enough time left in a day to play Wii anyway ;) And she has a Nintendo 3DS, so she can play when she feels the urge, without the little one getting too immersed into the digital gaming worlds.

Playing with Lego or something else is always the better choice.

Oh, and my gf´s daughter is totally into Monster High. How I despise that series and the dolls. But now my son thinks they are cool. It really costs me a small yet noticeable amount of inner strength to accept that. Oh the influence of older kids ...

One of the kids who lives with my girlfriend discovered her 80s toys so now she's into G1 transformers, ninja turtles, and he-man so now i know what to get her for christmas: lots of cartoons lol. This is a good time for kids to get into Transformers as hasbro's back into their "remake G1 characters" phase and have the combiner wars toys out which all look like the 80s versions. At least she's into toys i know unlike when the oldest girl was into my little pony lol. The downside is transformers cost more than the pokemon she used to be into. Okay not really as i paid alot for pokedexes and such lol

I love going down the Target and Walmart toy aisles to see what is new or what I'm missing. As a Dad, I have a legitimate reason to be strolling down these aisles.

I note however, that these toymakers are very aware of adults buying their products. Many recent items are being labeled as "Adult Collector" items.

when my daughter was three, she found some boxes in the basement which contained my collection of 'sealed' action figures and SW toys (still in the package). instead of tearing into them, like a 3 year old would, she led me by my hand to these boxes and looked up at me with her Big Brown Eyes.. "pleeease?"

so, yeah. so much for my sealed action figures. we opened them all up like it was christmas morning. I bought 2 big rubbermaid bins (each the size of a small coffin) to contain all the loose toys. we played with them for YEARS.

--> Direct Result. cheers.
9scw.jpg

I have to admit im using my 7 years old twins as an excuse for going pokemon hunting :$
-well beeing a good dad i have to help them out and make shure they are safe right ?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back