Best LightSaber's????

danzig

Hi guys.Im new to the forum and new to Star Wars collecting,although I have been a fan for a long time..With that said,can some of you maybe chime in and recommend the best LightSabers? (i.e. brightest blades,best quality)..Im not concerned with the sound effects,but am more interested in the brightness of the blades and overall quality...So any thoughts on Parks Sabers,Ultra Sabers or ????

Thanks guys

Thank you very much for the welcome Sym Cha!:cool...hmm..link doesnt seem to be working.I keep getting this message: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms"

There are loads of saber builders but quality and accuracy are all over the map. Brad (slothfurnace) is amazing! As is hotwingz lam who is a watch maker in Hong Kong. Aaron of solo's hold machines stupendous things as well.

You really get what you pay for in sabers though and the cheap stuff and companies that put those out can ruin the experience if you get burned with a junk experience.

There's also a lot of petty politics on the saber forums so if you want honesty do your research and pm people for honest opinions.

Yes.its a bit overwhelming.Theres tons of builders out there...:confused I think I may just go for a Master replicas for now...Can somebody tell me if there is a difference in the size of the hilts between the Anakin ROTS and the Luke ANH ? (removable blade models)..I know some of the models had hilts that were much bigger than the real Graflex.Thanks

Last edited:
Search the name 'Slothfurnace' in the Member List above ... and then look up his latest threads in the menu ;) As for MR FX removable or not ... those are really 'kidstuff' compared to runs being done here ... unless you can find a converted MR saber made by any of the sabersmiths mentioned above ... scottjua included ;)

Chaim

The MR and new Hasbro sabers are a good place to start. Most of them are slightly over sized I extremely oversized. The most actuate one is the Luke ANH. However there are a lot of great options out there but you'll have to pay to play. Just wait till you look at the prices for a real graflex flash. Your eyes may pop out of your skull. Lol.

You should head over to fx-sabers and discuss with some sabersmiths. I am not sure what you are looking for exactly, but if you want brightness and good quality (for dueling?) I would recommend a stunt saber from Vader's Vault, or maybe an Ascend from GCS. You can always build your own like I do, but if not you should check these out.

Wow..thanks so much for all the info guys.Its much appreciated!..Im gonna check out the recommendations from you all and keep digging:D

This Makoto guy seems to do excellent work.Has anyone had experience with dealing with him?It look like I just need to buy a parks or hasbro/MR saber and send it to him for modification?? Alot of his site is in Japanese,so it was a bit difficult to navigate
[/h]

You should be able to find a translate program for it. As much as I hate to say it, check out FX Sabers forum. I believe there is a section under the "Smith's" for Makoto-san. I would post a link, but I'm banned from there....

Well, not as banned as I thought I was ("hehe"). I did a quick search for Makoto-san over there for you.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

Here is a comparison shot I pulled off a Google image search showing a comparison between a stock Hasbro and two of his blades. Come to think of it, I may have to look into one for myself!

Attachments

• imagesCA5D5Q7V.jpg
    imagesCA5D5Q7V.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:
Makoto is indeed very very bright, but it's a LED strip. Sure it's the quality is great, but there's always a chance of breaking it. But really, it depends of your needs! :)

Makoto is indeed very very bright, but it's a LED strip. Sure it's the quality is great, but there's always a chance of breaking it. But really, it depends of your needs! :)

Agreed. However, Makoto has posted several YouTube videos using his blades in full battle. Of any component blade, I would say his are the most durable.

Thanks again guys! I think Makotos will work perfect for me as Im not into the dueling aspect..I just like to look at them,as lame as that sounds..lol:wacko

I am around no one that is into sabers. That's why I just sold my last one. I like them for the looks and the noise they make. If I get another (and I probably will) it will be a Makoto bladed saber. I would love to build another Graflex one day. All I want is a super bright blade and standard sounds, idle hum, clash, start up and retraction, swings, etc. I don't need a saber to play music or repeat lines from a movie, or "talk" to me in any way. They didn't do that in the movies! That's the thing that has bugged me the most about the latest generation of saber fonts, having to wait until the start up music, speech, tin cans clinking, etc. is done so I can turn the saber on! I turned off that feature on many of the fonts I had loaded.

Welcome to the forum! I don't have much to chime in here - my Saber collection has mostly been scratch-building or buying parts for static hilts - for the movie prop aspect. Everyone is right though, you get what you pay for!

I like them for the looks and the noise they make. If I get another (and I probably will) it will be a Makoto bladed saber. I would love to build another Graflex one day. All I want is a super bright blade and standard sounds, idle hum, clash, start up and retraction, swings, etc. I don't need a saber to play music or repeat lines from a movie, or "talk" to me in any way. They didn't do that in the movies! That's the thing that has bugged me the most about the latest generation of saber fonts, having to wait until the start up music, speech, tin cans clinking, etc. is done so I can turn the saber on! I turned off that feature on many of the fonts I had loaded.

Yes exactly.Im the same way.Id rather not have all the music,voices,etc...

my Saber collection has mostly been scratch-building or buying parts for static hilts

Scratch building sabers?That does sound tempting:D

haha, it is! You have to balance accuracy with tools/time/parts you can find/patience giving up a little of one or the other. I always like planning the structure of the hilt, (one hollow tube...parts on a threaded rod...pipes slid into eachother....etc) and getting creative with the parts you use. Also, as with Obi Wan's belt saber from ANH, there are folks machining copies of the separate parts used to build the original. So with a little more $ that's another route.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back