Aliens CN20 nerve gas Cannister

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
HI All
Haven really been building anything lately but got the idea for this from a thread started by Dropship Bob over at the Aliens Legacy board. I've been working with a new printing program and its still new to me and Made this label the other day
. gas can.png
Given that this was only mentioned and not seen it could look like anything you want. Im using a refrigerator filter as the gas canister
.gas can1.jpggas can2.jpggas can3.jpg
I have t sand the printing off the filter and trim out the label. I might paint the filter but not sure what color. Any Improvements or comments are appreciated.

HI
Yeah I was thinking olive drab. Maybe some aluminum paint under it and then weathering? Maybe some kind of knob for the top like a timer?

Maybe a gas fitting of some kind from the hardware store? Or maybe a colored cap?

On second thought, you should have some warning symbols on your label.

Old-school for smoke and gas is cut-outs in the metal grenade body that are covered over with little squares of paper. Those burn out when the grenade is ignited. Wouldn't be too surprised (given the retro Vietnam-era design of other gear) if that wouldn't be an interesting look. Always nice to see some love for the rest of the "kit." Good work.

Oh, we got talking about this prop over lunch and it occurred to us the thematically appropriate companion prop for that universe would be an antidote auto-injector. They were around in the Vietnam era, with the even nastier-looking two-injector system around by the 80's at least: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_I_NAAK

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back