Darth Vader saber parts

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
HI all
Trying to find a good source for vader parts. Have a nice Heliand flash that Im going to use for the base. Has the black two step emitter but Im really looking for thecorrect one. Ive read that blast tech is no longer producing parts. Don't really want to deal with Parks based on info here. Short of trying to make them myself are there other alternatives? Don't really want to buy a MR and strip it. Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Dart Vader Saber parts

I just received one of Blast Tech's last MPP clamps. I hate to say it but I'm really not pleased. I expected it to be bare metal - he has some that he hasn't finished - but the sidebars are thin pieces of something, not the thick ones like on a real clamp, and they're not the same shape as the clamp's sides, giving it a cheap appearance. There is no sleeve beneath it either, and it came squashed. I've got it clamped around a flash to straighten it out. The lever also is connected to a standard threaded rod like a Graflex - not the brass washer thing on the original. Beggars can't be choosers, but I was surprised!

I'm not so sure I'm sad that I missed out on them then. I just got done contacting him looking for a clamp and card for my Heliand and a couple of small parts for my ESB graflex(don't hate but I've still got the embossed tape on it that I bought and put on it over 10 years ago) and he just had the D ring and the smooth mylar tape out of the stuff I was trying to order.

Might have to go through Parks after all...and would probably just buy an MPP replica...

I'm in the same boat. I just got a Heiland of ebay (with the correct oval plug holes not the common rectangular ones) for a great price and am about to embark on a Vader conversion. I contacted Blast-Tech but he didn't have half the parts. So it looks like Parks is the only other option. I emailed via their website just to get an idea if the parts were in stock and how long the order would take (site says 10-12 weeks for sabers but I wondered about parts). I have had no response to my inquiry. I want to buy from him but this makes me nervous. Very nervous. I don't like the idea of sending money without any contact. I'm worried that the customer service is sketchy. I know they'be been around for quite a while but I'm a little apprehensive.

Any one have any experience ordering parts from Parks?

I used to talk to Jeff Parks regularly in the late 90s and he was always easy to buy from. I emailed earlier this year about a part and never heard anything. No communication means no business from me.

I have a couple of replies from emails from just a week or two ago. We talked about ordering one unit and he said it could be shipped with the parts on or not but they would be included as it's sold as a complete unit. Delivery would take 6-8 weeks he said. I'm guessing they get made in sets from overseas and then shipped stateside before being mailed to customers. I got the feeling there is very little if any stock kept on hand.

Last edited:

I did talk to him about those MPP clamps (I'd seen an image of a laser cut "version" and wanted to clarify what exactly they were like) and the response I got was a single sentence, stating they're exact copies of the real thing....after about a week or two. I emailed him a few days ago asking about shipping (I refuse to pay nearly twenty bucks shipping for a clamp) and have heard nothing back.

I will say, Marv and GINO are excellent sources for good-quality plastic T Track.

what are the FX clamps like?

Yeah, since it comes in the ANH configuration and I want to make an ESB(I have a Heiland already in ANH config that I was attempting to change), I'm already looking at getting GINO's tracks. I had asked Jeff in my email if I could get it without them and he said they could leave them off if I wanted.

IIRC Gino claims to have the only correct T-tracks, and it does look like that´s right.

On another note, can the OP please, please correct the thread title? :p

I received a reply from Jeff Parks when I enquired about Vader parts for my Heiland but subsequent questions are unanswered. I'll probably modify a Graflex clamp and use the two step emitter.

So if Blast-tech is out and Parks is too, then I'm either S.O.L. or I have to tear down a Master Replicas Force FX saber. Not the ideal route but sounds like there are no other options. This sucks.

It does. I just got an email from JQ Sabers, their clamps are 50, but they are sourced by Parks, and they supply Europe. Interesting.

Apparently they have MPP replicas too(probably Parks as well), but not just the shrouds for sale. The only part you could buy was the clamp and bubbles/connector card.

Those MPP's look sweet... That may be the route I go when I reach the end of my OT collection and finally do the two Vaders (ANH ESB)...

I won't likely find a real MPP or want to pay the price for a saber I don't LOVE...

but looking at those replicas... Obviously the mpp logo SHOULD come off, but I wonder how hard without scraping the crap out of them, or even if I would... it looks kinda cool.

:) I've always been of that mind too, it's a mark of the original vintage use!

She (JQ sabers lady) suggested I buy from parks because it's way cheaper, being in the states. That being said, the jack-off wants so much for shipping it's almost the same price..

I've got Larbel MPP replicas and I think they're excellent. (Historically I've always been partial to Larbel's work over Parks.) If you can locate one of these for sale I would highly recommend picking one up.

Speaking of which, all of mine have chrome sidebars, and I'll wanna paint two (pair) of em for ESB & ROTJ sabers. Anyone know what kinda paint is gonna work best to match the sidebars to the rest of the clamp?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back