Anyone make Complete Indiana Jones replica abner Ravenwood Journal?

Pitbull

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm looking for a complete accurate replica ? Anyone have any suggestions or leads?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

In the film you only see (barely) 2 pages so everything has to be made up.

Have you tried using the search feature on this forum (upper left corner), looking in the paper prop section perhaps or maybe over on the COW forum?

Hint, there is a thread listed at the bottom of this page under "similar threads".

I think he means what is commonly referred to as Indy's journal, which was actually his dad's journal that he sent to Indy. I think, right? Crap, now I gotta watch all the three movies again....

I think he means what is commonly referred to as Indy's journal, which was actually his dad's journal that he sent to Indy. I think, right? Crap, now I gotta watch all the three movies again....

No, he didn't get his Dad's grail journal until the beginning of the third movie. His dad mailed it to him on purpose to keep the bad guys from getting their hands on it. The journal Indy had in Raiders was primarily about the Ark, but I'm not sure where it came from. Since he hadn't seen Abner in years, I'm assuming it was Indy's own journal.

Then again... didn't Marion say something about him stealing from her father? Maybe the journal is what he stole when he left all those years ago.

I remember a prevailing theory was passed around COW many years ago was that this was Abner's journal, but that Marion had it along with other stuff from Abner, such as the Headpiece.

I've got the original trilogy in my DVD cabinet - guess I'll go watch it again. I was thinking he had the journal prior to meeting Marion again but maybe I'm wrong. At any rate, Marion definitely didn't have it on her, because when her tavern burnt down, all she had left was the clothes on her back and the headpiece.

The notebook doesn't show up until Indy is in the WotS (and only in that scene). The theory goes that Marion either had separate living quarters from the bar, or the area of the bar that she lived was not yet engulfed in flames when they rushed in to grab a few things. Also, why would Indy have the Ark notebook. If the Ark was Abner's passion there would be no way he would give it up. He would probably keep it with the headpiece.

The notebook doesn't show up until Indy is in the WotS (and only in that scene). The theory goes that Marion either had separate living quarters from the bar, or the area of the bar that she lived was not yet engulfed in flames when they rushed in to grab a few things. Also, why would Indy have the Ark notebook. If the Ark was Abner's passion there would be no way he would give it up. He would probably keep it with the headpiece.

Agreed - it definitely makes more sense plot-wise if the journal is Abner's

Hi,

Are you stil looking for a complete journal?
Here are some examples.
pagina10-11.jpgpagina28-29.jpgpagina66-67.jpg
Hans

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back