Orion 20001

micheal1191

Anyone know anything about AirFix's Orion 2001 Spacecraft kit. I just found one at a thrift store and would like to know more about it.

Meant to post the picture of the kit uploadfromtaptalk1409457017973.jpg

I have the original Airfix model that I had built a loooong time ago (70's). Airfix wasn't known for their accuracy, but I thought that the Orion was a fairly good representation of what was on screen. I'm planning on re-doing the whole thing (removing parts, re-gluing and painting it).

006.JPG

I have a really detailed paper model of this I got from UHU-02's archive. it is really beautiful. It even has a highly detailed interior... I just have to print it out and assemble it.
paper2001spaceodisseyorion3.jpg
It is something else, for sure! :)

Anyone know anything about AirFix's Orion 2001 Spacecraft kit. I just found one at a thrift store and would like to know more about it.

It's made of plastic parts you glue together. LOL, sorry couldn't resist.

It's a nice nostalgic kit, not as accurate as the newer Moebius kit though. The Moebius is an all new tool.

Not very big. UHU02 specializes in amazing miniatures. I would guess it's about 12 inches in length. I have only seen the pictures, I haven't built it yet. But if you like high-quality paper models, this is his site: http://uhu02.way-nifty.com/ He is in the process of making an ESB AT-ST right now. You can also follow his work at zealot.com

The Moebius kit that just came out a few years back is a better more accurate kit. The only thing you'll want are some Pan Am decals.

I built the Airfix one many years back. As others have said it's not the most accurate, but it builds to be a decent piece and if you get it cheap all the better. Anything over $20 then go get the Moebius one.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back