Does Bondo go bad?

mgr

I had some Bondo in the garage during the freezing months and recently brought it into the house. Since then it does not seem to be adhering as good and drying kind of rubbery. Does this stuff go bad?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mgr @ Mar 15 2007, 01:27 PM) [snapback]1440522[/snapback]</div>
I had some Bondo in the garage during the freezing months and recently brought it into the house. Since then it does not seem to be adhering as good and drying kind of rubbery. Does this stuff go bad?
[/b]
if it got frozeen in the garage it is bad

I know it can dry out. Maybe you used too much or too little of the cream hardener? A better compound is Feathercoat or Formula 26 I think it was called. It's a higher grade filler with less shrinkage and is smoother. It adhears great to acrylic and gell coat. You use to beable to get it it Home Depot and Lowes. If not, do to a auto body and paint supply. They will have it and oother fillers. Tell them what you want to do with it and they can help you.

Mark

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back