Medieval Armor replica

Well..As a Medieval re-enactor over here in Blighty.. I can say that it looks pretty naff...It's a combination of several different styles of armour from varying ages...from late 1300's to late 1500's
The Helm is early medieval the Breastplate and back are late medieval.. I've never seen legs that are wider in the lower brace than the upper. :unsure
If you're after it purely for display..then ok it's an inexpensive prop that'll look vaguely ok to anyone who knows nothing about the Medieval period.
But..to me.. as a Medieval re-enactor in the UK with 16 years experience in the field and "Authentic" 15th Century Armour .. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.. :)
That's just my opinion... :)

Oh... The pole-axe "looks" pretty nice though..

I have to agree. I have a custom handmade 16th century harness (full suit of armour)...I had to shell out a pretty penny for it, but it's worth it. It's completely wearable, and I've fought in it on numerous occasions. Plus it looks damn cool just standing in my living room.

The suit the Sportsman Guide is kind of painful to look at :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back