Arkham Knight - 3D Modeling/Printing

Fawbish

Sr Member
First, an image of the Arkham Knight - absolute badass.

ArkhamKnight_render.jpg

Wanted to start a thread for some of the Arkham Knight's equipment and armour. I am just starting out into 3D modeling (who isn't nowadays!) and as per other threads of mine, have access and an OK ability to 3D print in ABS. So fingers crossed I'll be making the parts printable. Depending on how well/how invested I become with time on these, I may look at eventually doing runs of certain equipment or certain armour pieces, but I aren't promising anything. I'm based in the UK, so shipping out to you lot mostly in the US may prove an issue anyhow.

So, to begin, here is the first part I've just spent half an hour on, to get a gauge for how I can start to do this. I'm using Sketchup for now. Where possible I'll try to include the render alongside the part to show how accurate I've managed (if at all) to be.

I am not limiting myself to certain areas of the armour or gadgets, I am just plodding along and having a go at what I fancy as it comes up and time is available. Hope you all enjoy the (probably relatively slow) progress.

SidebySide.PNG

This is the lefthand "quadrant" for want of a better word of the right gauntlet.

Awesome man!! Keeping an eye on this thread, can't wait to see further progress, I'm currently building the helmet for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers - that sounds cool. I assume there is a way to design in a common medium, and then go towards PEP or Print? Or do you have to do all the actual design within Pepakura Designer ie. you can't import in .obj or 3d models? I haven't used it really yet though it's sat ready for whenever I do my first pep. I have wondered how easy/difficult it would be to transfer my files into pep files (believe it's called unfolding?)

I've realised theres quite a few people doing this at the moment! Oh well.

A few from yesterday. I created a few little areas so that when/if I print it and put it together, there would be ways of locating and locking them into place. I haven't done this perfectly and haven't done it throughout the model - I'm picking up lots of tricks as I go along.

SpoolSpindleSeated3008.PNGLRearSpool3008.PNG

This is where I'm now at after a few hours tinkering this afternoon.

I spent a lot of awkward time around the cylinder on the left hand side of the gauntlet and the attached "bracket" type thing. It's all about thinking ahead I'm finding!

BackofHand3108.PNGRRear3108.PNGLRearSpool3108.PNGRear3108.PNGFront3108.PNG

Doing a great job there man, remember the gauntlet is different on the back side to the front :)

Dont want you getting too far into your build and realising.

Doing a great job there man, remember the gauntlet is different on the back side to the front :)

Dont want you getting too far into your build and realising.

Cheers Crimson - as stated, Im not trying to get 100% accuracy here. Can you explain the back and front differences? I dont believe Ive found a reference image that shows the back (I imagine you mean the r/h side of the gauntlet ie. the side you cant see in the reference image?) It does look subtly different, like it has a higher angle almost. Please clarify as I may have missed things!

Just looked and it does look like it covers the wrist a little more than the l/h side of the gauntlet.

Cheers Crimson - as stated, Im not trying to get 100% accuracy here. Can you explain the back and front differences? I dont believe Ive found a reference image that shows the back (I imagine you mean the r/h side of the gauntlet ie. the side you cant see in the reference image?) It does look subtly different, like it has a higher angle almost. Please clarify as I may have missed things!

Just looked and it does look like it covers the wrist a little more than the l/h side of the gauntlet.

Check on my AK thread bud, there is a pic there of my gaunt :)

Thanks! Unfortunately not. There are a few members doing this to a far higher level than I could hope to achieve, and some other interests are currently taking the driving seat. If I come back to this I'll definitely be posting progress.

I have also started a very basic version of Black Widows Gauntlets from Avengers 2 - I'll post them soon perhaps.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back