Sons of guns cancelled

I always enjoyed this show. Never a fan of "Red Jacket" as far as guns are concerned but I liked what they did for the show. I'm shocked to hear of what Will is accused of... If proven guilty, may he hang.

I stopped watching the show after a few episodes because the gun shop owner seemed to be on a mission to act like a bigger ****** in each episode and no employees could possibly work for a total tosser like him in real life. The 'drama' was more manufactured than a Big Mac and the styrofoam box it's served in.

Definition of Nostalgia? Remembering when it actually looked like they were appraising stuff on Pawn Stars and didn't just do inter-personal drama every week. All the shows are the same. They run out of ideas for the original premise and start beating each other up - either verbally, or literally!

I have a friend (who shall remain nameless, as they say) who worked on Pawn Stars and he told me that the show was rigged and scripted from day one!

I won't watch any of them anymore. Can you say douchy? I think you can ...

I stopped watching the show after a few episodes because the gun shop owner seemed to be on a mission to act like a bigger ****** in each episode and no employees could possibly work for a total tosser like him in real life. The 'drama' was more manufactured than a Big Mac and the styrofoam box it's served in.

I miss those styrofoam containers more than any reality show, those things kept your food nice and hot unlike the paper wrappers. They're as bland and uninteresting as the scripts for these shows.

Kr1r1EL.pngimages.jpg

It was entertaining at first but it didn't take too long for it to succumb to the trap all reality shows fall into. First they started by building guns no one had EVER built before. Like the AR15/12Guage combo they called a "Master Key". Clearly, they had seen Predator too. Then it was the AK47 sniper rifle that had NEVER been done before. Ummm....Dragunov?

Then, every week, they would build some new super weapon platform for a "local law enforcement agency" that desperately needed it. I mean really? Is Louisiana the most dangerous place on Earth? Why does the Bucktussle Parrish Sheriff's Dept. need a patrol boat with dual mounted MK19 grenade launchers and an M240? Is Louisiana situated on the Mekong Delta? :facepalm

THEN, for the coupe de grace, they threw in all the pseudo drama with the tattooed biker that was apparently the only qualified gunsmith and the snaggletooth daughter dating the braindead hick employee. Top it all off with a fat, sweaty old blowhard and you've got TV gold baby!

I'll miss the show terribly. ;)

Man, you should write reviews for a living. That is the PERFECT evaluation of the show! :lol

Is Kris seriously making a rape accusation on Facebook written in verse? What a tool.
ok, I found screen shots on an AR15 board showing Stephanie rambling out an incoherrent accusation and Kris clarifying it and backing it up with a rap or song lyrics. Will is probably done.

Last edited:
Why not let the legal system do its job (although it is slow and rarely metes out real justice in lieu of deals and coddling) before crucifying the man? If what he is accused of is legit, then he deserves what he gets, but unless things have changed, in the USA, you're still innocent until proven guilty.

Why not let the legal system do its job (although it is slow and rarely metes out real justice in lieu of deals and coddling) before crucifying the man? If what he is accused of is legit, then he deserves what he gets, but unless things have changed, in the USA, you're still innocent until proven guilty.
A lot of times I call out people for jumping on the "he's guilty!" bandwagon and here I went and did it myself. Thanks for reminding me to not be a jerk (anything stronger would be censored).

A lot of times I call out people for jumping on the "he's guilty!" bandwagon and here I went and did it myself. Thanks for reminding me to not be a jerk (anything stronger would be censored).

It's hard not to do (humans have done it for as long as there's been recorded history) and even I first read about this story and thought some pretty terrible things about the man. But the fact is that right now, no one other than the people involved know the truth. I think the show being cancelled could be as simple as Discovery seeing a way out of a contract that wasn't getting them ratings and ad revenue they had hoped. We as the general public just don't know.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back