Another Daft Punk build from me... Thomas again!!!

MrPinski

Sr Member
I have never been 100% happy with my last build and I have gotten away from pepping helmets and into cutting up plastic into shapes and gluing that together and covering it with bondo... doesn't sound much different... well, here it is.

I started with the old master sculpt of Thomas I made from a pep a few years ago and chopped the dome off, took an inch or two out and glued it back together and put fiberglass on the inside for structure.

Untitled by MrPinski1, on Flickr

I made a visor frame with some .060 black ABS that I had laying around (this structure was inspired by Volpin)

I skinned it with more ABS, cut a slit into the dome and inserted the visor frame.

To build the top of the visor, I cut another slit into the dome over the visor frame and added another piece of ABS to create the top lip of the visor (another Volpin thing). I took a tip from the build that FireWire did and I added pieces of ABS to save on bondo and add the slope.

The corners of the visor were built up with Apoxie sculpt and sanded into shape.

The bottom of the face was built up with more ABS and the mouth area got some bondo on it to make it a bit round.

under the visor area I did another Firewire and filled it with bondo again.

I then chopped the excess ABs from the temple area and added more... ABS!!! I also did the same for behind the jaw and under the cheeks and chin.

I then decided that the forehead area was too sloped... MORE BONDO!!!!!

Here's where he's at now... just some primer, I am going to get the ear recesses in tomorrow and clean up the rest, I like this thing so much better now!!! (4 days of work at this point)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back