San Jose, Milpitas, Fremont, Santa Cruz, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, CA

CSMacLaren

Sr Member
I'm trying to see if I'm not the only person in the San Jose, CA who is crazy enough to build props. I can't be the only one out here. I've so far found 4 people over at TheDentedHelmet who are in this part of the Bay Area.

Let's get together for coffee and meet up. What we can do later is coordinate so we can do a show and tell in a comfortable atmosphere. Maybe exchange ideas or help each other with the various aspects of prop making.

It'll be fun. Please reply to this post, drop me a PM, or visit:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=18055

... I'm there too and can be contacted by PM there, or reply to that thread too.

We may be addicts, but we are not alone..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CSMacLaren @ Mar 14 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]1440075[/snapback]</div>
I'm trying to see if I'm not the only person in the San Jose, CA who is crazy enough to build props. I can't be the only one out here. I've so far found 4 people over at TheDentedHelmet who are in this part of the Bay Area.

Let's get together for coffee and meet up. What we can do later is coordinate so we can do a show and tell in a comfortable atmosphere. Maybe exchange ideas or help each other with the various aspects of prop making.

It'll be fun. Please reply to this post, drop me a PM, or visit:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=18055

... I'm there too and can be contacted by PM there, or reply to that thread too.

We may be addicts, but we are not alone..
[/b]
I'm a newbie in Sunnyvale to whole building side of it, being just a poor collector myself, but I am quite interested in learning :)

You are not the only person but there aren't that many or, to the best of my knowledge, they already belong to other groups like the Golden Gate Garrison & Hi-Impact, if it still exists. On the plus side the NorCal Prop Party has been based in South San Jose for the past couple of years. It's usually in late summer/early fall. That would probably be the best place to meet the people you are looking for... aside from posting here that is.

So.Cal gets together in Irvine usually once a year at the Dave and Busters.

Not sure how far you are from Irvine, but a large group usually attends.

I'm up in Petaluma when I'm in the states, so I may actually get to make it to the Nor Cal party this year.

Well, I don't build props but I collect them (I think I am the only one crazy enough to have 10 X-wing flight helmets conversion from real APH flight helmets :$ )

Anyway, I am in the Fremont area.

I live in Sunnyvale and have hosted the NorCal party the last couple of years. We vacated the building we have been using, so we'll be looking for a new venue. I'm up for coffee Monday-Wednesday evenings. Run the largest indoor paintball operation in the US the rest of the week. Give me a buzz (408-507-3078). I have some of my unfinished stuff at the paintball field. The rest is in storage.

J :lol:love

I'm in San Mateo county. I make it to the NorCal parties, etc. I'm always up for meeting with people with common interests.

I'm talking to a friend at Google in Mt.View to see if we can use some space over there. I'll know more next week.

i live over on the mid coast just north of half moon bay. work in cupertino and try to make the local prop parties when i can.

been making/collecting props for years and costuming with the 501st, but my main focus right now is an all aluminum r2d2. there's quite a few r2 builders in the area and we try to get together ever 6 months or so. the last few gathers have been up near sac.

chris

We, Hi-Impact, are still around.

I have been taking care of "real world" stuff like taking care of my wife after having the lower lobe of her right lung removed, working on a movie, playing with LEGO, dealing with my wifes suprise pregnancy and death of my little brothers wife...

I am in the Campbell area PM or email me if you want to get together.

You are not the only person but there aren't that many or, to the best of my knowledge, they already belong to other groups like the Golden Gate Garrison & Hi-Impact, if it still exists. On the plus side the NorCal Prop Party has been based in South San Jose for the past couple of years. It's usually in late summer/early fall. That would probably be the best place to meet the people you are looking for... aside from posting here that is.

I realize you are not asking about Sacramento area prop builders but there are plenty of us out here as well! We try and make the prop gathering every year. We may possibly have a meeting space here lined up... more to come on that!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back