Profiles in History Expendables & Hollywood Auction 65 Being held in October

Profiles in History has announced they will be holding their Expendables & Hollywood # 65 Auctions October 17th-20th.

More information and previews of auction lots coming soon.

HollywoodOct1.jpg

ExpendablesSly1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Profiles in History Expendables & Hollywood Auction 63 Being held in October

Exciting, I'm thinking the Expendables auction items will go for around the realized prices as the Captain America auction Profiles had.

Re: Profiles in History Expendables & Hollywood Auction 63 Being held in October

Im sure its not lost on anybody but not only did they move it an entire month, they scheduled it the day after the propstore event.

Im sure its not lost on anybody but not only did they move it an entire month, they scheduled it the day after the propstore event.

Are Prop Store and Profiles in History competitors or do they collaborate on auctions?

Well that's dumb. Wonder if they moved it since the expendables 3 tanked so much. Wait until it's out on blu ray and it could grow a better fan base for props. Idk. I'm not happy about tho

Well that's dumb. Wonder if they moved it since the expendables 3 tanked so much. Wait until it's out on blu ray and it could grow a better fan base for props. Idk. I'm not happy about tho

Has the release date for the Blu-Ray be revealed? If it's like the other previous two, it won't be out until later November, so that's not going to give it time for a fan base to grow.

I saw this posted by someone on their Facebook page. Is Sly referring to the ring for their auction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvRPpeAPorc

:lol Yeah hopefully the Auction is not a bust like the movie! :lol

The DVD/blu ray date hasn't be release yet. But since the movie is getting killed and they had a huge pirate version out there before it hit the theater. I would have to think they'll push it out soon. If I see it showing at the dollar show soon, the DVD is only like a week or two away.

3 big auctions back to back. Profiles, propstore, screen used ( nov)

ive read December 8th for Blu release.

The movie has tanked....I suspect the auction will do too. The auction wasn't moved for any other reason than to give them a little more time....however placing it near the propstore sale is in my opinion a direct move to compete and take some wind out of their sales. Profiles and Propstore are very much in competition for the same cliental.

Sly was asked by a friend of mine what he meant about the ring and was....vague about this. To out the fact that the one in Profiles may be a fake shouldn't be ignored. Remember the lost auction?

I find it incredibly hard to believe based on the evidence though that one ring was made. When making a movie this aint going to happen. Their would be rubber, duplicate and stunt rings made. Especially for such a high profile character as the lead.

Nuff said.

I was under the impression that Prop Store and Profiles work together because Prop Store sold items from the first two films and it looks like Profiles will be selling everything from the third. Is Profiles' auction official in that it's backed by the production at LionsGate or did these leak out from someone involved with wardrobe?

I'm confused with Sly's comments, on one hand his mouth says it's fake but then you have him shown in the picture wearing the ring posing with the Garza painting. What are the circumstance involving this photo, did Sly meet with Profiles and took this in their office?

Prop Stop, could you give me some more information about the Lost auction and why you are comparing this to the Expendables auction?

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/20...-lost-auction-managed-by-profiles-in-history/

Unfortunately many of my findings were listed on prop sites like the MPF, although im sure the RPF probably has some if you search

We found out as a community, lead by myself, brother and a few others that several of the items listed were not screen matchable to the tv show. Simple as that.

As further insult to injury one of the items that was screenmatched to all 6 seasons was Locks knife which my brother bought and won and then was "lost" by Profiles only to show up a year later at D23. Nobody did anything.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F..._(Locke's_knife,_ticket,_ID)_(6075807660).jpg

From that you can see they kept most of the hero's and sold the duplicates. Of course they missed a few things.

That coupled with my personal finding of pictures from the costume vault in Hawaii where you can clearly see 14 Jack shirts, 3 Ben Linus Parkers etc etc.

http://thepropstop.wordpress.com/2011/02/20/lost-the-auction-what-they-didnt-show-you-part-1/

It was just really untransparent.

People even bought a prop and unexpectedly got 5 more in the mail. A good example of this is the stunt walking cane used by Mr Ekko. The catalogue said 1, and the guy got 5. He was selling them on ebay for years.

Another classic was the bomb from the freighter. I ended up getting that from a private collector but they sent him hundreds of the C4 blocks as part of the package. Again not listed.

http://thepropstop.wordpress.com/20...w-lost-kahana-frieghter-bomb-used-by-michael/

I would have bid very different knowing the above and qtys etc. Im sure you all would have.

In the end the argument was that the items were screen made even if the items weren't screenused. HOWEVER, this kind of was lost to me since the original pitch of the auction in interviews was that it was being done for the fans, and most wouldn't know what the difference was. They would assume Im sure that the item they bought was the one seen on screen. A fair assessment. To big collectors in the community they wouldn't pay $5,000 for a backup...I guess that's my point.

Thank you Prop Stop. I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you and your family/friends with the Lost Auction. I hope Profiles has learned from that experience and better improve the way they handle and research their items....

But, I was taking a look at some images of the screen worn ring worn in the Expendables films. This one is the clearest and most close-up in details, it's when Jet Li was examining it in the first film and it looks quite different from the one shown in Profiles (the watermark is not mine, this is taken from another site). I am assuming they are selling this as the screen used version as they are presenting it like the cream of the crop for the Expendables auction. Thoughts?

ajnnv5.jpg

Here's a photo of Stallone from Expendables 3 with the ring, clearly it's a different version.

barney ross.jpg

Last edited:

Also, Entertainment Minute posted several photos of the costumes from the Expendables 3 characters that were displayed at Comic Con. As they are identified as screen used, the jacket for the Trench character has unique patterns that are not consistent with the one worn by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the film.

http://entertainmentminute.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Exp6.jpg

Anrold.jpg

Well sir. I guess its a case of here...we....go....again.

I'm going to have to rethink whether I want to participate in this auction. It's one thing to own an item from a film that flopped, but spending hundreds if not thousands on an item that might not be screen used in the film is a little too overwhelming for me.

I wonder if Profiles is aware of these inconsistencies with the screen matches.

Just goes to show that Prop Store is making waves in the auction arena. Good for them.

I guess when the catalog comes out we will have to go thru each piece and separate whats right and not.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back