Silent Hills (the newest game) teaser trailer: main character spoiler inside

The title is interesting as in some of the other games the weirdness of Silent hill had been spreading into the other nearby towns, it's in the lore of the games too, so it could have numerous meanings. That trailer looked live action even on my tiny monitor.

My wife loves these games. When we were first married we had a house but almost no furniture and a small TV. We'd set the TV up on a crate and take turns playing the SH games in the dark. :) Unfortunately I don't have an XB1 or PS4 (nor any plans to get them in the foreseeable future) so it looks like we'll miss this one for a long while.

Silent hill makes my game world go around :)
I loved ALL of them, not so much homecoming BUT I'm super excited for this ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing quite like the adrenalin of being scared in a game like this,especially if playing alone and in the dark. One of my friends hates horror games because he is terrified by them. I tell him that's the best way to be and that I wish I was that terrified like him just for the experience. Not much scares me but this looks like it just may. :)

Ben

Silent Hill had a great story, so SH2. SH3 was a nice game, too... But after Part 3 there was nothing, what's woth to have the name Silent Hill. I liked the idea with the appartement in Part 4, but the rest of the game wasn't scary. Homecoming, Shattered Memories and Homecoming were great mystery-survivals, but they failed as a classic SH game.

I haven't played the new demo of SH, but before I start to get excited about this, I want to see that it goes back to the roots. And btw: I hope it will be a 3rd person game, I dont like much of these first person games, except it is really well made...

I hate to admit it but i went and got a ps4 a few years ahead of schedule. I switched over a bunch of my ps3 preorders over to the ps4 versions. This is how resident evil should be, they need to go back to basics of being scary not being Tomb Raider style action.

I hate to admit it but i went and got a ps4 a few years ahead of schedule. I switched over a bunch of my ps3 preorders over to the ps4 versions. This is how resident evil should be, they need to go back to basics of being scary not being Tomb Raider style action.

That's what Capcom is going to try and do with The Evil Within, which I think also looks great.

That's what Capcom is going to try and do with The Evil Within, which I think also looks great.

Evil Within is by Bethesda though and isn't tied into Resident Evil. It does have a slight Lovecraft feel to the look and design. Rumor has it that Capcom's ending Resident Evil with the next game or maybe they'll reboot. It's gone down since the creator left, which is a good thing or he wouldn't be able to do Evil Within.

Watched someone play it and even that had a creepy feel to it. I liked all they could do with one hallway but man, some of those puzzles were very obscure. You had to look at very specific things in a very specific order or you just kept looping. I didn't even see the pieces of that picture that you needed to pick up.

Still a great little demo.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back