Captain America Shield drop/travel case WIP

snakeeyes316

So I decided I would need something to carry my shield in when traveling to conventions. I surfed around on here and found a couple great ideas but nothing that I thought would stand up to the possible banging around if needed when flying. I was lucky enough to find a Hardigg 29x29x7 road case on ebay for about 60 bucks. When I got it it was covered in labels and sticker residue.

IMG_1566.PNG

I took out my trusty can of WD40 sprayed the gunk and started to scrap it off to get it to this.

IMG_1563.JPG

I plan to add a Shield logo to the top and probably CPT S. Rogers to the front or side and possibly a serial number as well. Id like to get a stark industries plate to throw on it as well. Any ideas and suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks
Snake Eyes

That is a completely fantastic find. I can't believe it's blue, though.

My suggestions:

1. Don't use both Stark Industries and SHIELD. Even in the movies those two entities are not really aligned. I think that to be consistent with Cap's affiliations, the case should either have the SSR logo or a SHIELD logo, but not Stark.

2. Krylon has a spectacular product that it calls "oil rubbed bronze"
http://www.krylon.com/products/colormaster-paint-primer-brushed-metallic/
With a topcoat of clear coat, looks like burnished metal. This case would look amazing with this color.

3. I think it's a shame you stripped the stickers off. :-(

4. What are you using for filler? will the shield just kick around in that thing? Foam padding would be interesting, but I'm not sure how you would form fit each half.

it has basically just about half an inch on either side for foam. Im planning to use the eva foam work out mats cut to fit around the shield. As for the Stark Logo I was just thinking something small that was like created by stark industries for shield use or something like that. Its actually grey not blue just the lighting. The stickers where so badly torn and messed up they looked worse in person.

Hardigg case painted up by a member here a few years back. I tried to find the thread, but it looks like it's been removed.

Attachments

• 20120928_142238-L.jpg
    20120928_142238-L.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 241
  • 20120928_142500-L.jpg
    20120928_142500-L.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 20120928_142531-L.jpg
    20120928_142531-L.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 606
Sorry for the old thread reawakening, but I have a question. Do you know what model Hardigg case that is Snakeeyes316? I'm trying to find one to make myself, but I can't get a clear size or model to do much searching.

Bjall4jc have a look at either Pelican-Hardigg AL2727-0504 or AL2727-0404.
From the photo, I'd guess the 0404 is closest since the lid and bottom seem the same depth.

Thanks guys.

Well I ended up getting one that is ENORMOUS and way too big. Too much to even ship it back to the seller. Gonna have to save up and buy a different one.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back