Paint on Rubber Silicone

Deadpoolx07

I'm trying to find a rubber mixable silicone that can add paint to for different colors. I need something I can paint on to spandex and other materials that will stretch without cracking and give a raised kind of look on top of the fabric. Does anyone know of a product that can do this and where I might be able to find it?

urethane rubber will do the trick, (sommer's materials provide some of the best urethane fabrics for example, cf:5th element zorg costume, battlestart galactica flight suits, etc ...)

I've personally laminated some fabrics with urethane rubber and it's cool.

Latex with acrylic paint will also do the trick

I would test that first. it seems that urethane would crack of wrinkle. I'm not sure what I would you. is it for a suit?
urethane rubber will do the trick, (sommer's materials provide some of the best urethane fabrics for example, cf:5th element zorg costume, battlestart galactica flight suits, etc ...)

I've personally laminated some fabrics with urethane rubber and it's cool.

Latex with acrylic paint will also do the trick

low shore (20-50A) urethane rubber should be ok, at least silicone will be the most durable, but harder to work with.

I laminated some fabric for a custom bsg flight suit

463658_260984000649178_963740623_o.jpg

I would test that first. it seems that urethane would crack of wrinkle. I'm not sure what I would you. is it for a suit?
Yea its for minor detail. My girlfriend wants me to make her a supergirl costume and I was gonna do the shirt with a spandex that's had a pattern printed on it and then kinda paint on additional detail but what I'm hoping to achieve with this is a slight glossy look the the detail and a raised look over the actual fabric.

If you're looking for a raised area, go with skin tite. It comes with a thickening agent so you can get it very thick and raised. as long as you're not stretching it between two cars, it should hold. Never hurts to do a test application though.

If you're looking for a raised area, go with skin tite. It comes with a thickening agent so you can get it very thick and raised. as long as you're not stretching it between two cars, it should hold. Never hurts to do a test application though.
Got a link to a supplier online or can I pick that up at a craft store like Micheal's or something? and you can add color to it with acrylic paint as well right?

I would get on the smooth on site, or reynolds advanced materials site, and see if they have a location close to you. I don't think I've ever tried tinting my silicone with acrylic, so I'm not sure if that would work. Oil paint works great for tinting silicone.

Ok then I'll just use oil paints I just threw acrylic out there because that seemed to be what everyone said. I'll check out those sights. Thanks for the help Pitch.

Skin-tite is expensive but cures quickly. Dragon skin takes linger but is super stretchy. Both can be colored with silpig and painted with psycho paint. if you add thiovex to dragon skin it thickens (its the thickner in skin tite kits)

Skin-tite is expensive but cures quickly. Dragon skin takes linger but is super stretchy. Both can be colored with silpig and painted with psycho paint. if you add thiovex to dragon skin it thickens (its the thickner in skin tite kits)

So, could I sculpt something onto a body cast, and then paint on Dragon Skin to the whole thing and basically create a rubber/latex suit?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back