Real model of Red 5 X-Wing?

joberg

Legendary Member
Saw that pic while reading about a new boat/hydrofoil being developed by the U.S. Navy. The article mentioned the X-Wing for the fact that that boat can be transform into a hydrofoil by just moving the "wings" up and down.

red 5 x-wing.jpg

I don't know what that is but I do know that it's not the "hero" Red 5 (paint, details, etc.).

It looks like a pyro painted as Red 5. It has the filled in nose and 2 thick wings, and 2 thin wings, 2 characteristics of the pyro castings.

i think hes talking about the boat the Navy just released pics of they compared it to an X wing. because it moves up and down. like the S foils of the X wing.

Nope Al, I'm talking about the pic of the X-Wing...never saw that one before, and since there's a lot of knowledge on the RPF about X-Wing models, I thought that it was an interesting pic to study and identify;)

I am not sure, but i think that the term "pyro" got thrown around a bit loosely. At least as far as the x wing is concerned I think it's a build from the molds that some x wings that did get blown up. It's differs from the "hero" models as no lights, no armature, no hollow wings, just a casting. It may have been a background build or a display from the pyro molds, never intended to be blown up, it may only be Red 5 as a coincidence, with someone not realizing that Red 5 was Luke, it looks like they made no attempt to mimic Red 5 hero paint.

But why would they make a pyro Red 5 if Red 5 was never going to be destroyed during the movies?

My initial reaction was Red Two when I saw the full uniterrrupted fuselage stripes and yellow ochre nose cone. Then I noticed the five wing hash marks (weird that they are a bit askew)...

Possibly a Red Two back-up model later converted to Five? Maybe for one of the later two films?

http://www.paulfrasercollectibles.com/News/Star-Wars-X-Wing-miniature-to-auction-for-$120,000?/12555.page

Although I thought the concensus was it was a post movie casting, i think I read that around here somewhere.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back