Halcyon Queen Chestburster

beachbum80

Hey everybody. Just wondering if anyone has done the Queen Chestburster from Halcyon. Just got one and it looks like it's gonna be a beast to build. Wanted to know if anyone has any tips to share. Thanks

Hey man, I don't have pics. I can take some though. I've done the Halcyon Alien 3 Facehugger, which almost ended my model hobby! It did turn out great though!!! Lol. Anyhow, this model has many small legs to it. My main concern was how do you fill up tiny legs? I just don't see how I can get plaster in those small pieces. This is my 3rd vinyl/pvc model. I've basically used plaster to fill up pieces in the past 2 that I've done.

If they're small you could stuff a length of pre-kinked brass rod down them, and fix it to something or embed it in plaster inside the body? It depends if they need to support weight or not, but if they're just supporting their own weight that should be enough to prevent drooping.

Will

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back