Mythbusters - WTH man? No Tori, Grant, or Kari?

Has anyone else seen the commercials for "Mythbusters" live on stage?

Education and entertainment with audience participation but sadly looks like still no Tori, Grant or Kari.

I'm reading the interview right now (was gonna post it myself if it hadn't been posted already), and there's one thing that's sticking out to me, regarding the Trio... Kari and/or Tori said that it was Adam and Jamie's decision to change the show's direction. Adam and the producer say it had to do with money. So now I'm wondering if a) the Trio were told something different, or b) there was something going on behind the scenes where they weren't allowed to say that it was because of contract stuff.

I'm leaning more towards B, myself. A&J decided to change the show's direction BECAUSE of their departure, but that the departure itself came from contract stuff, and they weren't supposed to say that that's what it was.

Anybody been watching the mega marathon on the Science channel? I haven't had to change channels on my television for a week.....nice....

Anybody been watching the mega marathon on the Science channel? I haven't had to change channels on my television for a week.....nice....
I have been. It's been kinda' fun to see how the show has progressed and changed over the years, and it's been so long since I've seen some of the earlier episodes that it's almost like seeing new episodes.

By the way, "sources" say that Kari, Tory, and Grant left the show because of failed salary renegotiations. This information comes from the Entertainment Weekly website, so take it for what it's worth.

Same goes for me. I really like seeing how rough and tumble the early shows were when Adam and Jamie were figuring out how to do it and despised each other in the process. Also, they felt like real people then, so that's fun.

It's just hit me last night while watching a segment with the Build Team how much I'm going to miss them, now. They were on the show for much longer than they weren't; it's gonna be a bit sad not seeing them there and just Adam and Jamie putting on a show of their own.

I went to order some electronic components from Mouser when I noticed this.
Grant Mouser.png

Here is what "Learn more" links to.
http://www.mouser.com/empoweringinnovation/?cm_sp=homepage-_-homeintro-_-empoweringinnovation

I really liked the Simpsons special. Felt like they had shedded an old coat.
I enjoyed it, got to see what went into the builds a lot more...
I'm still on the fence about the whole thing. I miss Kari, Tory, and Grant, but I appreciate Adam and Jamie having more time to explain the science behind the experiments in greater detail.

...and the show seems to have matured a little.
During the moments when Adam isn't screwing around, anyway. :lol

On that note, I don't recall ever having seen Jamie smile or laugh so much on any of the previous episodes. Did anyone else notice that?

Re: Adam, please explain..

Jamie definitely did seem to be enjoying himself more than I remember in a long time.
I must say I am enjoying them getting back to their roots. I miss the antics of Kari, Tory, & Grant, but not enough for me to want to loose the time Jamie and Adam are spending on the science. So overall, I'd say the change is good for the show.

I'm a leaf on the wind.

Jamie definitely did seem to be enjoying himself more than I remember in a long time...
Which begs the question: Has Jamie always been like this and we've never seen it because of the way previous episodes were edited, or is this something new? I'm thinking the former is closer to the truth, but it's nice to actually see that he does seem to enjoy the experiments he and Adam perform.

I have to say i'm enjoying the new format. While I know the "B Team" had some serious talent between them, that portion of the show always felt very juvenile. Not necessairly the presenters themselves, but the content of their segment was always pretty mild and when I would catch it on TV i'd usually find myself wishing they'd hurry up and get back to what Adam and Jamie were doing.

I'm very happy to see that time being devoted to delivering more technical information about the build process.

Remember back in the first series when it was just the two of them, Jamie often used dry wit "goodbye cruel world" and "I like it in hear, its private".

Then as the excitable trio arrived he seemed to sink into the background, and adopt the grumpy persona.

Just watched the second episode and it was fantastic. These new episodes are clearly a lot more "focused" and I think the show greatly benefits from it.

I'll let this sum up what it was about. ;)

60940.png

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back