Mythbusters - WTH man? No Tori, Grant, or Kari?

I'm actually looking forward to the show getting back to the original formula. The trio had become a distraction and felt more like filler than anything else. They'd settled into a repetitive shtick that was due a change.

More science, more build time, more Adam and Jamie. Win, win!

Best of luck to Tori, Grant and Kari just the same. I'm sure we'll see good things from Grant down the road.

-Rylo

Well, I dunno what else Grant has going on, but he'll be working for McDonald's... and not as a fry cook:

McDonald's Corp., which hasn't always gotten a warm reception on social media, is taking to Twitter, Facebook and YouTube with a Q&A-style ad campaign, aiming to dispel the notion that its food is unhealthy.

The world's largest restaurant chain began taking questions from Americans Monday via social-networking sites, promising to deliver "real answers." As part of the campaign, former "MythBusters" host Grant Imahara will visit McDonald's suppliers and restaurants nationwide and appear in a series of online videos

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I dunno what else Grant has going on, but he'll be working for McDonald's... and not as a fry cook:

McDonald's Corp., which hasn't always gotten a warm reception on social media, is taking to Twitter, Facebook and YouTube with a Q&A-style ad campaign, aiming to dispel the notion that its food is unhealthy.

The world's largest restaurant chain began taking questions from Americans Monday via social-networking sites, promising to deliver "real answers." As part of the campaign, former "MythBusters" host Grant Imahara will visit McDonald's suppliers and restaurants nationwide and appear in a series of online videos

I know of a guy who already did this:

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
...There's already one up:
Our food. Your questions. Is McDonald's beef real?

Makes a pretty convincing case, apart from, of course, that it's coming from the company itself and the plant he visited could be full of lies...
So, in a way, he'll still be busting myths. I'd like to know where that McDonald's is; they showed them grilling the burgers, and all of their restaurants around here stopped doing that years ago.

I follow both Tory and Kari on Twitter, both have mentioned filming stuff for TV, Punkinchunkin and some stuff for the Travel Channel for Kari.

I'm still trying to figure this comment out.

I think they're referring to Discovery's Sons of Guns show where the "lead" of the show was accused of molesting his young daughter. How that exactly relates to Mythbusters, aside from both being on Discovery is beyond me.

Re: Adam, please explain..

Adam was recently interviewed on the Inquiring Minds podcast, and he made it clear that Discovery made the decision to cut Kari, Grant and Tori. He also said that he and Jamie argued for their retention.

Adam would not go into any details because that would infringe on the private negotiations between the individuals and Discovery.

There's always the business side of things. TV execs keep making poorer and poorer decisions. Just goes to show that they have absolutely no idea what their audience wants.

I still want to see the exploding body in a vacuum from "Outland". Vacuum chamber + dead pig = splat!
2001 a space odyssey and the nu bsg got this right...
but then for awhile there they blew up everything no matter what the myth was on the show evry week.
only thing 2001 got wrong was that yer supposed to exhale all your air first, not hold it.
an astronaut in the 60's died being exposed to vacuum of space but did not explode. body's too tough for that from what i've read.

I don't think any astronaut or cosmonaut has ever died in space, its always been either taking off or re entry, or sometimes even just testing.

Always in atmosphere.

I don't think any astronaut or cosmonaut has ever died in space, its always been either taking off or re entry, or sometimes even just testing.

Always in atmosphere.

Just a little bit of trivia for the day :

In 1971 cosomnauts Georgi Dobrovolski, Viktor Patsayev, Vladislav Volkov were killed while returning to earth. The incident took place at a distance of 104 miles ( 168Km ) from earth, making them the only humans to die in space.

A ruptured ventilation valve resulted in them being asphyxiated and a loss in cab pressure exposed them to them vacuum of space.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back