Orhadar Spider-man (Ultimate Spider-Man): Resizing issue

Nagatoj

Hi everyone. I am a new member to this forum.

I have lately seen many great users making their Spiderman suits and seeing these have encouraged me buy a pattern and start one of my own. I have looked through threads that have discussed the issues of resizing. As far as I know, everyone has had different choices to make when resizing and printing their patterns. Everyone had different bodies and everyone had a different solution. Some went with a wider pattern, some went with a upsized-in-height pattern etc. because of the risk of the printed pattern ending up way too small.

For my issue, I am a guy who's 5'5 with an "athletic" build around 134lbs (e.g. shoulders a little bit wider than my hip). I have asked Orhadar himself for help and guiding and it helped a lot, but I still felt that something was missing. I started off by strictly following the resizing guide - that is, making the distance between the middle of the mask to the belt 26 inches to match my height. But then I had to make sure that the suit wouldn't be too tight or wide either. After measuring every part, everything seemed to match except for my waist which was 30 inches instead of the pattern's 27 inches. At that point I had no idea what to do. If I widened the pattern, my waist would almost match but everything else would be bigger.

After seeing the resizing threads, they encouraged me to resize up to three versions of the pattern. First pattern is the strictly followed resizing: 26 inches between mask and belt. (which I heard might not be the best choice) Second pattern is the sized up in terms of height: about 27.7 inches between the mask and belt and the last and third pattern is the same as the first one, except that I have increased the width by 2 inches.

My question is: Which of these patterns should I print? Is there anything I should think about? I know there is a useful thread about the resizing issue with a discussion among several users, but I want to see myself what would be most fitting to me according to you guys. Once again, the suit I am going for is the Ultimate Spider-Man look.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back