Lifesize zombie bust

Jiver

While working on my 1/1 Predator moulds, killing the dead moments so to speak, I started this 1/1 scale sculpt. Again I use polymer clay like Fimo and Super Sculpey. As a starting point I used a foam head, wich I carved out here and there and covered with epoxy to become a smooth surface. This helps the clay to stick better. The eyes are Aves Apoxy sculpt, the teeth baked polymer. I added some more teeth in a later stadium. If I manage to finish the sculpture bij saturday, I will have spend a week on it.

Lifesize%20zombie4.jpg

Lifesize%20zombie7.jpg

Lifesize%20zombie8.jpg

Lifesize%20zombie12.jpg

Lifesize%20zombie14.jpg

Lifesize%20zombie15.jpg

Lifesize%20zombie13.jpg

Lifesize%20zombie11.jpg

Attachments

• Lifesize zombie4.jpg
    Lifesize zombie4.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 106
Nice work. Will you bake that once it's finished? If so how do the teeth stand up to a second bake?

I don't think I will bake it. My experience with the Predator head showed me it can be perfectly moulded while still soft. To answer your question about the teeth: There would be no problem to bake them a second time. Most of my smaller work is done with polymer and since I work in layers, they are often baked as much as 10 times.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice work. Congrats!

Much appriciated

I don't think I will bake it. My experience with the Predator head showed me it can be perfectly moulded while still soft. To answer your question about the teeth: There would be no problem to bake them a second time. Most of my smaller work is done with polymer and since I work in layers, they are often baked as much as 10 times.

Hey Jiver, thanks for your reply man. That's interesting and very handy. Cheers for the tip, I've been wondering that for ages...:thumbsup

That is one of the best zombie busts I have seen. I like how you kept one side relatively unaffected by rot and trauma, it makes it look creepier.

Hi mate, it looks superb.
I do hope I get to see the Predator soon :)
It is a superb piece and I paid up front in January.
Zombie looks great
Gra

Last edited:
The Predator moulds consume most of my time now, so this one will gow slower now. I finished the frontside of the torso.

Lifesize%20zombie20.jpg

Lifesize%20zombie21.jpg

Lifesize%20zombie22.jpg

Attachments

• Lifesize zombie20.jpg
    Lifesize zombie20.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 117
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back