Star Lord w/ lights and sound - 3d Print Files - Infinity Orb Base in Progress

Re: Star Lord w/ lights and sound - Orb & Walkman complete, downloads section added

Hello .
beautiful work
With these your files I can make a helmet just like yours?
DOWNLOAD: .RAR (Contains all .stl files)

If you have a 3D printer or someone that will print the files for you, yes you can have a helmet like his.

Re: Star Lord w/ lights and sound - Orb & Walkman complete, downloads section added

Everything's wired up, but I need to review the actual mechanical action of the gun because it's a little unreliable at the moment. The firing trigger works 100% fine, and in hindsight keeping it so the guns would open up has been a huge pain in the backside... if I were to do this again, I'd probably just model a gun up from scratch so that the interior mechanisms that actually opened and closed the barrels would work more reliably.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ein wow!! Just showed the last vid to my son. All i can say is awesome and WANT :)

Nicely done, Ein... :)
Just a thought, what about placing a little piece of double sided Foam Tape on the top of the switch, just to extend the reach of it and giving it some rebound...?

It may help it connect the "Switch" just before the latch release mechanism...

Sorry to hear about the health trouble, Ein. The Helmet and everything else is looking incredible!

I just posted a new version of the orb exterior, which solves a few issues: 1. The larger file can now be printed without supports. 2. The rims have grooves that fit into each other. 3. The chain link interior is a little closer to the James Gunn prop version.

Once I get all the kinks out of the orb, I will also post it on Shapeways. For now, here it is on Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:430184

Let me know if the new files give anyone issues.

Woohoo!! I have printed out a previous version but will be printing the new exterior tonight! Thank you for uploading better and better designs. I liked how the interior parts interlocked and if the exterior now does so as well even better. I didn't have much trouble with support material before so these should be no problem either.

Sorry to hear about the health trouble, Ein. The Helmet and everything else is looking incredible!

I just posted a new version of the orb exterior, which solves a few issues: 1. The larger file can now be printed without supports. 2. The rims have grooves that fit into each other. 3. The chain link interior is a little closer to the James Gunn prop version.

Once I get all the kinks out of the orb, I will also post it on Shapeways. For now, here it is on Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:430184

Let me know if the new files give anyone issues.

Does a 16.5hr print time sound right for half of the exterior orb?

Yeah. Mine estimated at 17 hours.

There's a problem with the support tower on ExteriorNEW. It came off the bed when I tried to print mine last night and caused a print failure. I'm working on a fixed version now.

Ok, the fixed version of ExteriorNEW is now posted. I replaced the column with a conical upper-interior. I'm hoping this will lessen the overhang enough to allow it to print without support structures. I'll let you know in 18 hours.

Aww dang, I started printing the old version right before I left work yesterday. Now I'm 20 hours into a 28 hour print and wondering if I should cancel it or let it finish.

If the tower looks to be printing alright, I'd say let it finish. The version I was printing had one big difference with the one I posted to Thingiverse. In the Thingiverse version, I added a .6mm bottom to the tower. That should help it stick, so hopefully you will be ok. Even if the tower comes off, if you can catch it before it interferes with the print head, you should be ok. I'm thinking that the sphere shape will be enough to support the overhangs. Let me know how it comes out though.

DELETE - Misunderstood something

Oh no, I meant I started the old old version printing. It should be finished in about an hour. I figure if I decide to print the new ones now I can always let the first draft go to somebody who needs it.

I may be down depending on price!

Oh no, I meant I started the old old version printing. It should be finished in about an hour. I figure if I decide to print the new ones now I can always let the first draft go to somebody who needs it.

Well, I spent a lot of today resting in order to give my back a chance to heal a bit. I didn't totally waste the time, though!

Going to print this thing out and quality check it before I share the files, but I will make the files for this thing available as a thank-you to the continual awesomeness this community shares in kind. It's designed to hinge properly, and should print in easy enough parts for me to cast down the line. I figured I'd bang this out as a suitable display base to offer when I do finally do my runs of the orb.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back