Help, general Con question?

comonbub

Sr Member
Hey guys,

Need a question answered as I am going to my first con and don't want to get kicked out. I was going as wolverine and with the claws and everything...I was going to go all out with actual metal ones. My question is, would I be not allowed to enter with them considering they are sharp at the tips?

Live steel/metal is a no no at any convention.

The convention you're going to should have an FAQ regarding regulations on cosplay.

Live steel/metal is a no no at any convention.

The convention you're going to should have an FAQ regarding regulations on cosplay.

It's Wizard World and they do but they don't mention any specifics. Listed here...

Are there costume rules or guidelines?
• Simply put, your costume and it's accessories MUST comply with the local laws where the convention is being held. We insist that your costume not have any parts or accessories that can readily cause harm to you, or any of your fellow con goers. No real weaponry (live firearms, sharp blades, etc.) may be carried. An Airsoft prop is allowed ONLY if it is legal to carry in the city/state/town that the convention is being held in, there are no BB's loaded into it, and there is no battery installed, or gas loaded. Blaze Orange Tips for Airsofts are required in many states, so be sure that you comply with local laws. No parts of your costume can fire, spray, shoot, or ignite. Your costume must be appropriate for all ages. Basically, use common sense. If you have any worry that a part of your costume might cause a problem or get you thrown out of the convention, arrested, or injured, please leave it home.

What part of the sharp blades didn't you understand? I guarantee that you will not be allowed into the convention wearing live steel/metal claws. If they're not live steel but has a bit of sharp point (plastic, resin, etc), it will get peace bonded but you should be allowed to enter.

I'm assuming there's contact info available for the convention somewhere? Ask them. Show them pictures, explain the sharpness of them in as much detail as possible. It's highly likely that, to determine if they're sharp enough to be a problem or not, they'll have to see them at the event, but they might be able to give you a tentative "yes" or "no" without seeing them in person.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back