Help with Jubilee and Gambit

6heart6agram6

I'm in the middle of putting together a steampunk Jubilee and my husband is working on Gambit. i'm trying to figure a way to simulate Jubilee's powers and put together something for Gambits cards. plus any suggestions on finding clothes or a good wig for Jubilee would be super helpful. I'm having a hard time tracking down a magenta corset for her.

For wigs, I reccommend Arda. I have several from there, and haven't had any problems at all. Though they have a tendency to sell out of things before big cons (e.g. DragonCon) so you might have to wait for a restock if they're out of what you're looking for.

Do any of these corsets work for you? http://www.corset-story.com/corsets.html?color=50

I definitely highly reccommend Corset Story. (Though I've only gotten their steel-boned corsets, not their plastic ones. I wouldn't reccommend those anyways - plastic boning isn't as comfortable, and can snap!) They're very good quality for the price.

I'll be watching this with interest! I love seeing steampunk variations of superheroes!

this is my favorite one so far http://www.theburgandyboudoir.com/Pink-Steampunk-Corset_p_435.html

i'll keep them in mind. thanks for the recommend. i have till April for the costume so i'll check out arda. I'm very excited for this costume. Jubilee is my favorite and isn't as popular as the others. I already have found a pair of bright pink steampunk goggles and have found a couple good boot ideas the corset and jacket are the hardest so far. I'll post pics when i finish. thank you!

I love steampunk!!. I also made my son gambit and made my daughter a jubilee costume this last comic con, think they are great characters :)

I think something like these would be awesome for her yellow jacket
C018GingerYellow-1.jpegimg-thing.jpeg

Last edited:
I might be able to give you a tip with gambits cards. If you want them glowing I cant help you, but if you get a set of Bicycle Nautic Back Playing Cards in Pink might give the effect you want. Also learning a couple card flourishes isn't terribly challenging, and might make the character. I recommend the Spring and the Charlier cut, they look flashy and are pretty easy to learn and find demonstrations online.

I've found someone to make a jacket and corset for Jubilee. now hunting for pants and gloves and a way to do her powers. As for Gambit my husband is styling him after a Victorian card player with Gambit's jacket. the boots and jacket have proved the hardest so far to find along with gloves

thank you i'm very excited. i've found LEDs that cycle through 7 colors which i'm going to try and work into my jubilee gloves. in our group right now we also have a Psylocke, Emma Frost, Phoenix, and Dazzler. my 4 year old also wants to do wolverine but im not sure if i'm going to be able to pull it off. i still can't find suitable pants to use for Jubilee though.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back