Jörg´s Stormtrooper timeline.

Trap Joe

Sr Member
Hey Guys, today I like to show you how and when my passion for building and collecting Stormtrooper armour started. When I was 13 I started building my first Stormtrooper armour out of heated polystene after seing ROTJ armours in London´s Movie Museum Momi at 1989. Never thought I would be a Stormtrooper nerd in 2014. :) Jörg´s Stormtrooper CollageKopie.jpg.

Wow, thats passion.

They all look fantastic.

I like your first one. Never thought something like this could be possible for a thirteen year old boy who had only polystyrene.

Great.

The '91 armour looks like FX, was it around that long ago? Cool timeline, though I'd be content with the '97 RotJ armor, looks great! The Disney Tour suit looks kinda strange though. The last one is RS Props right?

The '91 armour looks like FX, was it around that long ago? Cool timeline, though I'd be content with the '97 RotJ armor, looks great! The Disney Tour suit looks kinda strange though. The last one is RS Props right?

The Marco Enterprises armour was the FX predecessor, probably the first fanmade kit available for purchase. The last one is an RS, indeed. Both the TM and RS were built by me. While the TM used to be my own trooping suit, the RS I built for Jörg directly as a commission.

The Marco Enterprises armour was the FX predecessor, probably the first fanmade kit available for purchase. The last one is an RS, indeed. Both the TM and RS were built by me. While the TM used to be my own trooping suit, the RS I built for Jörg directly as a commission.

I would have freaked out seeing FX armor in '91, when I was only 10 and before the internet, dvds and high rez screen grabs :)

How do the TM and RS compare, is the TM idealized since its a custom sculpt?

obviously the TM won't have the same surface detail as a cast from original armour, but shapewise the TM is damn close to the real ANH stuff. I was lucky enough to have a TM kit next to my first RS kit, so I could compare, and we're talking millimetres. And I know TM keeps refining his moulds, so that was 3 years ago - now that he had a chance to check out the real suit, he's probably even closer now. #

Also, both the RS guys and TM are great to deal with, so all in all both are a fantastic choice, with TM being a bit more on the idealised side.

I know people have opted for a "RS helmet/TM armour" combo before, which works as well, I myself prefer the mojo of a first gen cast for both the lid and the armour, but it's not for everyone, which I fully understand.

Just to add a tiny detail to what you are saying, the GF armor came before the FX. The FX is a recast from GF.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

21Dreharbeit.JPG
When we walked into the wood, doing some shots for our fanfilm in 1991, we were followed by a boy on a bicycle who became our speechless shaddow. I guess we was stunned. I really wanted to know what he told at home, afterwards. Was it you eifon? ;) I also trooped through the village from time to time to get peoples reactions. It was an awsome time. I will see if I can find some more pictures. Never thought my first trooperarmour would get any attention.
I would have freaked out seeing FX armor in '91, when I was only 10 and before the internet, dvds and high rez screen grabs :)

How do the TM and RS compare, is the TM idealized since its a custom sculpt?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back