Ghostbusters movie by Paul Feig

I liked the suits better on the rack. The lines kind of clutter it up, and the orange clashes with the red in the no-ghost logo. The arm patch has no clearance - it's sitting right on MM's stripes.

Usagi Pilgrim;3692275 I guess I really wish there was a thread where those who were happy & excited about the film said:
this[/I] forum is better than that.

to be fair, that was really only in the last few pages thanks to a few people. Maybe a mod can delete those posts.

-edit - wanted to retype this so it read a little better..

Keep in mind that with Real Ghostbusters, syndicated at least, Ivan Reitman and Joe Medjuck (sp) kept tabs on it to try and give it some kind of quality control. And you are right. some episodes are far better and far creepier than the second movie. The Thing In Mrs.Favershams Attick and the Boogiman episode come to mind. Dan Aykroyd himself even stated that the episode where Sherlock Homes Ghost comes out of his books was one of his favorites. And, let us not forget that the reason the great lorenzo music was replaced by the terrible dave coulier (RGB only, like him in other things) was because Bill thought Peter sounded more like garfield than him. irony of ironies, Bill went on to voice garfield in the movies and sounded just like himself.

and the IDW people are fans. they have the knoweldge and care enough to plan to get it right from the start. I THINK the IDW comic is one of the few things other than perhaps EGB and the ORIGINAL RGB comic, that has not had any movie people involved.

But, one of the reasons I hate this new movie on pure principal alone, is that at least the guy in charge didn't even want the job in the first place! only until he could do his same old schtick was he interested, and that alone will doom it to fail. can we get lucky and itwill be good? possible. But the odds of that happening based on past experience of those involved are very very minimal....so that's why some people hate on it so much.

Last edited:
to be fair, that was really only in the last few pages thanks to a few people. Maybe a mod can delete those posts.
Also, in regards to your point. keep in mind Some of the Movie people had a deal of Say in the Real Ghostbusters Cartoon. Dan Aykroyd himself even watched it and I believe said that the episode with Sherlock holmes was one of his favorites. When you have Joe Medchuck (sp) and Ivan Reitman keeping as much of a tab on the cartoon as they can to expand the universe, you're bound to get afew good episodes. IIRC, theykind of lost control a little when ABC took over and totally trashed the show from what it was in syndication.

But yeah, alot of the syndicated episodes are loads better and far creepier than the second movie. The Boogieman, the Thing In Mrs.Favershams attick, etc...

so, even with the cartoon, you had some of the movie people involved for some kind of quality control. even if minor. The IDW series is one of the first solo adventures, I believe (not sure about EGB or the Marvel(?) RGB series), where no one from the movie was involved. but, because they where huge fans, they got it right from the start. and had the knowledge to do so. the people here probably don't even WANT the job, and that is why some people are so down trodden on the movie.

Fair points, all.

I think there's a bit of an assumption that creators have to be in love with the project, or almost as fanatical as we are for the movie to be good. If that were the case, we Star Wars fans should be raising Holy Hell that Harrison Ford is in the new movie, based on his statements on the property in the past.

Fair points, all.

I think there's a bit of an assumption that creators have to be in love with the project, or almost as fanatical as we are for the movie to be good. If that were the case, we Star Wars fans should be raising Holy Hell that Harrison Ford is in the new movie, based on his statements on the property in the past.

perhaps. but he's harrison freakin' ford ;o). who also apparently has a bit of social anxiety....so he may not have appreciated all the attention being in starwars had given him. so, since he started it off right, I can forgive him a little ;o). people would probably do the same for bill murray if he ever finally agreed to a real gb 3. Paul Feig is no Bill Murray. hell, he's not even a Chevy Chase. like I Said before, not many people are wondering 'say, havn't heard from paul feig in a while, when is his new blockbuster coming out?' ;o)

at least someone who's worked with franchises, and has had a proven track record would give us a bit of hope ;o)

perhaps. but he's harrison freakin' ford ;o). who also apparently has a bit of social anxiety....so he may not have appreciated all the attention being in starwars had given him. so, since he started it off right, I can forgive him a little ;o). people would probably do the same for bill murray if he ever finally agreed to a real gb 3. Paul Feig is no Bill Murray. hell, he's not even a Chevy Chase. like I Said before, not many people are wondering 'say, havn't heard from paul feig in a while, when is his new blockbuster coming out?' ;o)

at least someone who's worked with franchises, and has had a proven track record would give us a bit of hope ;o)

Inventing a quote from a non existent person is not engaging in a "rational discussion" of the film/production process, nor is it a "valid criticism" of Feig or his body of work.

Since apparently it doesn't matter that critics and audiences alike, have positively reviewed Feig's films, what SPECIFICALLY are the criteria you're proposing that establishes a "proven track record?"

Again, I totally see your point, but to put a fine point on my feelings, If they'd announced Joel Shumacher was directing this from a script by Vince Russo, starring Pee Wee Herman, Bobcat Goldthwaite, Andrew Dice Clay, & Bill Cosby, with H.R Geiger as the production designer, I would still be happy to see what they could do with GHOSTBUSTERS.

As I was typing that, I think I clarified my viewpoint:

Sime folks are upset with what's being done TO GHOSTBUSTERS, & I'm excited to see what's being done WITH GHOSTBUSTERS.

Again, just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, they should look dirty and blue collar. The stripes just aren't working. Don't think the orange pack straps will help either.

Even if orange is the new black. :lol

Nicholas Meyer didn't care that much for Star Trek. Heck, he only took the job because his friend coaxed him into doing it while jokingly saying that if it was his Mom who tried to coax him that he wouldn't have done it. And you don't need to read any studio email to figure that out. He says it in all his interviews and commentary tracks! Boy, did he turn out to be a disaster.

They really do! I'd think this was just a bizarre fan film if I didn't know better.

They look like garbage men

CJVfqFnUMAAlLme.jpg

My first thought of that car when it popped up on my facebook feed was "oh great, another wanna-be Ecto-1" and then I saw it was the actual movie prop. I don't mind the reboot or cast but I draw the line at making that the Ecto-1. I really had my hopes on a Dodge Magnum as the new base car.

The safest; and most generic, "reboot" approach would have been to line up some product placement with whatever American automaker would pay the most. At least this is keeping to the spirit of the original car (it's about the same relative age as the Ecto-1 was in 1984). The problem is it's TOO close in design to the original Ecto-1, and invites an unflattering comparison. Let's face it, no modern ambulance/hearse is going to look as good as that '59 Cadillac. I think the proton packs (which aren't a bad design IMO) suffer from this too; they are a bit too similar, so they come across as crappier versions of the originals. I really thought Feig was going to go in a wholy different direction, but it seems he's hewing fairly close to the originals.

I still maintain any sequel, reboot, or remake of Ghostbusters is a bad idea and bound to be a disappointment and a failure. What sucks is if this movie does poorly, the studios and misogynistic man-boy fans will blame the "female led" aspect, rather than the fact it was poorly conceived to begin with.

Jason

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back