Ghostbusters movie by Paul Feig

Re: Ghostbusters 3

I was under the distinct impression that there was a script for the last 6 years....I mean, if all these new stories are to be believed, the script is already done and they're shooting, right?

Please tell me someone here has mafia connections. [mafioso accent] It would be rather unfortunate if Ms. Dippold were to have an accident [/mafioso accent] :lol
But, seriously, a reboot? Why don't they just poor all that money into inventing a time machine so we can just relive the 80's, it would at least be original for a change.

I guess with Ramis gone, Murray not interested and Reitman not directing, they decided to go with the reboot route with a female team.

I still think there will be some connection to the original films along with passing on the torch by Aykroyd and Hudson.

I Had been hearing re-boot and I am glad it has been confirmed.

Harold is missed very much by many

Wanna bet that one of the Ghostbuster .... esses will be Venkman & Dana's daughter ?

Long live Hollywood :lol !

It won't exist in the same continuity. He even said that if any if the original actors make appearances they will be playing different characters.

I'm looking forward to actively hating this. In my heart, I know that hating it loud and proud is just the right thing to do. Lol

Good God, the news on this gets worse and worse. Unless it miraculously gets rave reviews I won't be seeing it. I refuse to give a penny to something that's just using the GB name to put bums in seats. If I ever see it it'll be a download.

Paul Feig created Freaks and Geeks, so he gets my vote any day. And he directed Bridesmaids and The Heat, which I thought were both good fun films.

This Ghostbusters 3 might be a crappy idea, but at this point I don't doubt the director's capabilities.

After the passing of Ramis, they should have just let this movie go. But then Aykroyd has been pushing for this movie for so long and fans have been clamoring for it.

Extreme Ghostbusters type of team would have been a better choice with appearances by the original team. Though I still think it's won't be a complete reboot no matter what the article says.

Paul Feig explains his vision for a female-led 'Ghostbusters' | Inside Movies | EW.com
Never mind, it's a hard reboot.

Maybe having no connection to the original films is a good thing. No matter what story direction this movie takes, it won't be part of the original Ghostbusters canon.

I recommend reading the whole article, but here is the opening.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How did this all come about?

PAUL FEIG: I had been contacted by Sony and Ivan a number of months ago when I was in Budapest shooting my new movie Spy. But I was like, I don’t know if I want to take that on because the first two are such classics and just because of how do you do it? Who do you bring in now that Harold’s gone? I know that Bill didn’t want to do it and I love Dan, but it was just like I don’t know how to do it. Then I had lunch with [Sony Pictures co-chairman] Amy Pascal when I got back to town. She was just saying, gosh, nobody wants to do this. I said, yeah, it’s really hard to take that on, especially since it’s 25 years later. how do you come back into a world that’s had these ghosts and all this? It just felt too difficult. How do you do it and not screw it up? But then it was bugging me for the next few days because Ghostbusters is such a great thing and everybody knows it, and it’s such a great world. It’s a shame to just let this thing sit there. I want to see another one. My favorite thing to do is work with funny women. I was like, what if it was an all female cast? If they were all women? Suddenly, my mind kind of exploded: that would be really fun. And then I thought, well, what if we just make it new? It’s not coming into the world that existed before. It’s always hard if the world has gone through this big ghost attack, how do you do it again? I wanted to come into our world where there’s talk of ghosts but they’re not really credible, and so what would happen in our world if this happened today?

Last edited:

Would it be that ****ing hard to come up with, say, an all-female comedy about ANY OTHER SUBJECT UNDER THE SUN? Saying "It's Ghostbusters...but get this: they're CHICKS!! GENIUS, RIGHT?!?!" just screams "I really couldn't be bothered to come up with anything decent."

My one hope -- and it's my hope with each half-assed reboot/remake/rewhatever -- is that this will be the final nail in the coffin for this crap.

REBOOT?

Lame.

suicide.gif

I lost interest when i saw both "reboot" and the director's past movies. I'd have been up for an all female team in a sequel as they could have tied it into the end of the video game with Alyssa Milano's character but this just sounds like an excuse to make a crass comedy like Bridesmaids.

The general public do not get reboots. They don't understand and this is going to confuse the crap out of them. People still think that Nolan's Batman is the same Batman in the new Dawn of Justice movie. I have absolutely no interest in this now.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back