Modified Corellian YT-1760 freighter kit bash/scratch build

vividfury

I love Star Wars. I also love making things--especially Star Wars things. So one day last spring, I decided to build my own spaceship that would be at home in the Star Wars Universe. I started gathering inspiration from the drawings in the Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual by Chris Trevas. I found a design that clicked (by Jeff Carlisle) and started making modifications. It was then that I realized--this was going to be a lot of work. The base of the design makes use of an old Millennium Falcon model kit that has been heavily modified. The bulk of the ship is mixture of kitbashing from military aircraft and tank kits and a lot of scratch building. Once I had a general shape in mind, I just dived in. Unlike an off the shelf kit, there are no instructions for this bad boy--but that's why it's fun. The photos in this album represent 3 months of 2-3 hour late night sessions of cutting, puttying, sanding, wiring, painting and finger-crossing. The end result is my very own modified Corellian YT-1760 freighter: Banshee Freedom.
Big thanks to Jerry at HDA Modelworx for supplying the lighting products.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back