Modified Corellian YT-1760 freighter kit bash/scratch build

Cracking design and paint job!!!!! I wouldn't have been unhappy to see that in Episode VII. Love the combination of Radient style engines and Falcon body!!!

Hey, ILM called, and they need their model back!
Seriously thats a absolutely fantastic looking build! Great looking paint and lighting. Thats a home run!

Gattaca, the engines benefited greatly from a few trips to Home Depot. The base shape is 1 3/4 PVC precut to about 3 inches covered with sheet styrene panels and details. I then found various parts from the plumbing aisle that had the right diameter to cap the engine parts. Further detail was added with propeller parts from a P-61 Black Widow on the forward engines and engine details from a Kenner Y-Wing toy from Ebay. Hope that helps.

Gattaca, the engines benefited greatly from a few trips to Home Depot. The base shape is 1 3/4 PVC precut to about 3 inches covered with sheet styrene panels and details. I then found various parts from the plumbing aisle that had the right diameter to cap the engine parts. Further detail was added with propeller parts from a P-61 Black Widow on the forward engines and engine details from a Kenner Y-Wing toy from Ebay. Hope that helps.
Would you mind sharing how/what you made the engines out of? They look real cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that really is superb!! It totally has the correct SW vibe.....
Thanks! Your Falcon build is amazing!

Hey, ILM called, and they need their model back!
Seriously thats a absolutely fantastic looking build! Great looking paint and lighting. Thats a home run!
Thanks, Jake88. I really wanted to make something that felt like a studio model. Glad you think I came close.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I thought, very clever use of plumbing. Again great work. What are you going to build next?
Thanks, man. I'm trying to decide between the Cylon Raider and the TOS Enterprise for by next build...

I love Star Wars. I also love making things--especially Star Wars things. So one day last spring, I decided to build my own spaceship that would be at home in the Star Wars Universe. I started gathering inspiration from the drawings in the Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual by Chris Trevas. I found a design that clicked (by Jeff Carlisle) and started making modifications. It was then that I realized--this was going to be a lot of work. The base of the design makes use of an old Millennium Falcon model kit that has been heavily modified. The bulk of the ship is mixture of kitbashing from military aircraft and tank kits and a lot of scratch building. Once I had a general shape in mind, I just dived in. Unlike an off the shelf kit, there are no instructions for this bad boy--but that's why it's fun. The photos in this album represent 3 months of 2-3 hour late night sessions of cutting, puttying, sanding, wiring, painting and finger-crossing. The end result is my very own modified Corellian YT-1760 freighter: Banshee Freedom.
Big thanks to Jerry at HDA Modelworx for supplying the lighting products.

View attachment 364238

View attachment 364239

View attachment 364240

View attachment 364241

View attachment 364242

View attachment 364243

View attachment 364244

View attachment 364245

Awesome work.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any chance we could see some additional pics in light, perhaps outside? Bottom shots would be cool as well.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back