Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

My first thought, and it was just a first thought, was, "Look! He has a big ol' Breath Right Strip on his nose!"

But I actually like the design. There have been comments made about how it is not as menacing, and maybe it is not supposed to be. I like the idea of the LED's coming on to accentuate the eyes, and really want to see the rest of the costume and how the new weapons look.

I'm part of the crowd that thinks that the Empire did not fall after RoTJ, but was on the ropes. Remember, the Moffs had control over their individual systems, and for all of them to have just surrendered just does not seem likely. Also, the idea that EVERYONE was aainst the Empire just seems far fetched, as does the Rebell Alliance being the only organized group of freedom fighters.

Eitherway, great thoughts from everybody! Can't wait to see more.

Dang. If you´re the RPF janitor, who´s going to clean up after everybody else got their minds blown, too?

With school season right around the corner, Ive got my 55 gallon drum ready to go.....hell I could take on a Chuck-E-Cheese during rush hour Saturday.

Back to the helmet..... Both the clone trooper helmets were a meh. Cool but no wow factor. One bright note is that they appear to be using like humans for the stormtroopers. That means folks like us will be able to make accurate costumes that are based off of realistic human proportions. The clone troopers had like 24" waists and 40" inseams.

The new X-Wing im on the fence. I want to see more pics etc.

I'm sure we'll get better looks at this helmet before the actual film hits but for now it's kind of exciting to have the Pep file available (thanks BTW!), even if it looks drastically different people have conceptuals all the time, this is definitely one worth having IMHO. I'm definitely starting this next.

The design is simply stunning. It looks cold and intimidating.

JJ is no dummy. Imagine these guys blasting through a door in the first scene. The crowd will go wild!

A few days ago I posted this on another forum. Thought I'd share it here for those who are interested.

"Last night I tried to find the largest version of "the" helmet pic and after doing this I opened it in iPhoto. I wondered if the photo could possibly have any further secrets to reveal and I was quite surprised to find that it did!

f659979097af7efee87e7f78630e06eb_zps8dff7ff9.jpg

e41f15b27cb0b2d3cc3251a67133b4a0_zps1dff66a1.jpg

At first I wasn't sure where it had pointed me to but after zooming out I realised that it was Pinewood. The skylights in the roof seem to match the reflections in the helmet as well.

The date in May could suggest that whoever took the pic has left the production and now doesn't fear the reprisals quite as much. The reduced size of the file might suggest that the pic was emailed or texted off the phone (an Apple iPhone 5s).

If only I could just make out a little more detail in the picture itself...."

f659979097af7efee87e7f78630e06eb_zps8dff7ff9.jpg

e41f15b27cb0b2d3cc3251a67133b4a0_zps1dff66a1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Freaking Brilliant!!!! well, this confirms and verifies its a legit bucket!

A few days ago I posted this on another forum. Thought I'd share it here for those who are interested.

"Last night I tried to find the largest version of "the" helmet pic and after doing this I opened it in iPhoto. I wondered if the photo could possibly have any further secrets to reveal and I was quite surprised to find that it did!

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg610/R5SB/f659979097af7efee87e7f78630e06eb_zps8dff7ff9.jpg

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg610/R5SB/e41f15b27cb0b2d3cc3251a67133b4a0_zps1dff66a1.jpg

At first I wasn't sure where it had pointed me to but after zooming out I realised that it was Pinewood. The skylights in the roof seem to match the reflections in the helmet as well.

The date in May could suggest that whoever took the pic has left the production and now doesn't fear the reprisals quite as much. The reduced size of the file might suggest that the pic was emailed or texted off the phone (an Apple iPhone 5s).

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg610/R5SB/f659979097af7efee87e7f78630e06eb_zps8dff7ff9.jpg

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg610/R5SB/e41f15b27cb0b2d3cc3251a67133b4a0_zps1dff66a1.jpg

I noticed this a few days ago too, I have the pic saved on my iphone. When I look at it in my albums it has a location attached to it and it files it on May 18 even though I saved the pic only a week ago. The location that comes up on the pic is Buckinghamshire. Interestingly there is also what appears to be someone's last name attached to the pic too... Perhaps the last name of the person who took the pic with their phone?

Interestingly there is also what appears to be someone's last name attached to the pic too... Perhaps the last name of the person who took the pic with their phone?
Yikes! :D I hope it doesn't meta tag the iPhone serial number too... it could be traced to who took the pic! :wacko

Yuck!!.............:sick....it looks like poo!...seriously it looks like the motorbike version!....ugly, ugly and more ugly...blah!!!

One of the most important aspects of the OT was the fact most things in it looked used, worn and/or busted.....the fact they had to make up a lot of it up as they went added to the look of the films......this thing looks like it's got 100 coats of clear on it!!...and it was made in the Ferrari factory after 10 consultants spent 8 weeks playing in autocad...can't want to see how they f-up the rest of the armor.

Seriously? one picture of the helmets, most likely in the process of being made and not complete, and you've already made up your mind? How do you know they won't weather them?
And not to argue, but the main contrast between the Empire and Rebellion was that the Empire was cold, clean, smooth, and polished compared to the dirty, worn, industrialized look of everything else. So it's not really a valid point of complaint that the stormtrooper helmets aren't weathered.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back