Assassins creed hidden blade project, i need your help!

hypevince

So i've been wanting to make a hidden blade for a while, but i can not find a tutorial on the kind i want, all tutorials are on making one that shoots the blade out when you pull the string and you need to push it back in
i want to make one that opens with slinging your arm and Closes by pulling the string. this is for safety reasons since i will make the blade out or steel.
please if you have any idea for a mechanism that locks when opened and auto retracts let me know, any tips are greatly appreciated!

Just a note, it is inadvisable to make any props out of metal if you intend to wear them to conventions or public events. Majority of conventions and events ban metal props.
(Sorry I can't be otherwise helpful. Just thought that needed to be said.)

i'm very aware of that, i live in europe, not the uk so i don't have the ability to go to any cons, so this is pure meant to be made for a prop/weapon/ cool thingy, but i understand why you mention, that at a con would be plain dangerous

how strong of a "lock" are you looking for....something like a solid mechanical lock or would a simple detent do?

this would be pretty easy if you use a drawer slider and use a couple of opposing magnets as a magnetic detent to hold it open/ closed.

dagger.png

Last edited:
i'm using drawer slides indeed, if you're familiar with Mueldex on Youtube, i'm trying to make his hidden blade but locking and auto retracting instead of shooting out. the magnets would be an option but then the string operated release isn't possible, great idea tough

- - - Updated - - -

i was looking for kind of a solid lock, that makes it not move when opened

check out "daotf" knife mechanism on youtube. it is a flick knife that shoots in and out using springs under tension and locks. using a ratchet and a string, the ratchet wheel, when a little peg is stuck in the yoke, can convert circular motion into linear motion, and the liner motion is what pulls on the springs and opens the locks

CaptChunkyChew: the daotf blades are too hard for me, tried one before, the amnra blueprints are way to expensive, and BFX's version, is just what i mentioned i don't want :/ , guess i'm going to have to make a mechanism myself, but anyways, thanks for replying already, gives me ideas for my own design!

hey! don't worry about it!, also, you don't need to pay massive sums, check out imdeepainreborn on youtube, he started building them with rubber bands, cardboard and Popsicle sticks!

i found out like the easiest mechanism possible now! you just need a piece of iron on the drawer slider, a notch to let the iron catch onto and a string to release it, not too modern, but it works!, now i can start crafting on the rest, i'm planning on making the phantom blade crossbow to put over the blade! i'll make another post for how i did that, and i will put a tutorial on my youtube account soon, but anyways, thanks for all the help i got from you and the support, really helps to know that i'm not the only one making props and stuff XD

yeah, that's quite a common one, but you'll need to make a case to go over it to keep the phantom blade stationary, and not slide with the blade, or do the phantom blade on another wrist...

i was planning on making a hidden blade, and a seperate crossbow with the string operated opening and firing. then make a case for over the hidden blade so i'm able to wear the blade and when i feel like it attach the bow over it so it's wearable without the other. i already have the plans for the bow and the blade mechanisms and i'm going to share them once they're drawn out on a pc program (i don't have paint), also the tutorials and videos on my yt channel will explain everything, but i have to start making it while school is starting so that might hold me back a little.

Check shapeways! They have a couple of kits. No guarantee they all work, which is frustrating, but it could be worth the chance if it works

YES if you could do that! if it's easier i'll put my email up? or will you just put it up on the thread?
just like a few shots of the mechanism would be greatly welcome!

Alright I'll get them up as soon as I can. The outside of mine are slightly modified though, to allow for a wrist release instead of the original button. Interior mechanism is about the same though. I'll upload to the thread as soon as I can get them taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry it's so late guys! Things have been crazy busy with school starting!

First is the actual blade mechanism without the mount ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408978391.540094.jpg

Second is the two halves taken apart without the blade. The little separated brown piece at the bottom connects to the button and lifts when it's pushed, releasing the blade

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408978537.713271.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back