Farscape DRD Sculpt 1:1

sorry the shots aren't the best but it is still going
day 4.jpgday 4-2.jpg
As of right now my current plan is that the shell mold alone will be about 15 different pieces.

Last edited:
To back up just a little bit I wanted to show a bit of the process for a second... I picked up a small projector to try to mirror some of the actual shots of the real drd on my sculpt to make sure my angles and cuts were right... not a cheap or super easy process, but it guarantee's accuracy.

day 5-2.jpg

not really. There are some behind the scenes showing what major panels remove so that they can access all the electronics. I have been also watching the series over and over and over making notes of which doors open and trying to plan ahead so this is an easy build and not one where you have to cut it to pieces and then bondo it back together... for the last couple of days I have been doing the slow process of careful cleaning of the panels and last night just sculpted out what I think will make a great base for the DRD with all the "feet" ..... I just molded it and am about to demold and pour it up in a translucent white tonight ... will be throwing pics of it up soon.

day 9.jpg
day 9-1.jpg
To be clear this is the part of the DRD that faces the ground... parts get cut away for the wheels and this is the area that the ground led's shine through... I started with just a square pattern but it didn't translate well to the edges ... so mixed it up a bit to try to create a more organic pattern since these are the little feet that are supposed to move the droid. Under normal use only the edge of this part is seen unless you pick it up and flip it upside down.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back