Darth Vader ROTJ Reveal mask My build

Thanks ... yes I realized all that ... it's just that I don't have a list of all the parts needed and true I'm not all that hung up on screen-accurate just as close as I can get would be nice ;) ... when I have some extra time I'll post pics of all my parts which I have gathered sofar or came with the mask and dome :)

Chaim

Oh that is not a big problem...if you don´t want it very accurate you can buy the most parts from portumac

Oh and could you find out what the gunmetal color is on your mask(Duplicolorcode?)?I would give it a try...looks very good on your pics.

Last edited:
It's Tamiya Gunmetal (TS-38) I already asked Reel Fakes, in case I needed to restore or repaint the facemask ;)

As for the much needed parts I'll put my money on sskunky's stuff, thank you very much, since he's in the UK
which will avoid having to pay for additional custom tax on some more expensive parts :)

Oh and ... I'll take that broken part if you have no use for it further ;) ... I only need one, eventhough originally
the neckpart had 2 I suppose :wacko

Chaim

Ah,thanks for the info.I have T-38 here...did he sprayed it on black or direct on the primer?

About the parts...the reveal had 2 of the parts in the movie.You can see it here:

19229832hl.jpg

Ah ... okay ... 2 it shall be then when the time comes ;)

He sprayed it directly onto a white primer ... as far as I can
tell from some of the paint damages from inside the neck.

Chaim

Haha...ok!;)
Hm...the TS-38 is very dark and not so fine...but on your pic it looks great.I sprayed it on a testobject...but a flat one.

Last edited:
First I must say THANKS to my good old american friend James for a lot of help with tips,pics and parts.He is a real Vaderexpert and is an owner of a great copy of a ketzermask.Thanks my friend!:)

Hey Mark,

Thank YOU for your kind words. :) It's been quite fun over the last year and a half watching your progress on this mask. You've done stellar work and your results clearly show. I'm looking forward to even more of your progress!

Wow ... exactly what I need to start working on my own DV ROTJ Reveal ... especially with these excellent pictures to accompany the work in progress ;)

When getting to start on adding all the internal parts and pieces ... could you perhaps provide the origin and where to look for the genuine part/piece?

Chaim
Yes is there a comprehensive list of what these parts are anywhere?

Marv, I don't think there is a list as such as no one has ever found all the parts. Only a few of the original parts have been found or even identified.

If anyone needs reference I have hundreds of high res pics of this helmet. And the parts I have collected over the years.

Can you believe this was my first effort at a Vader reveal??

View attachment 364175

I would day the crown is a little bit too flat!:lol

- - - Updated - - -

Marv, I don't think there is a list as such as no one has ever found all the parts. Only a few of the original parts have been found or even identified.

If anyone needs reference I have hundreds of high res pics of this helmet. And the parts I have collected over the years.

Do you have a pic under daylight(to see the grey color) or a new one,where the mask is build together(face on the lower jaw)?

Only a few of the original parts have been found or even identified. If anyone needs reference I have hundreds of high res pics of this helmet. And the parts I have collected over the years.

Yeah ... could you post pictures of all your parts you've collected here, please ... so everything remains in 1 thread together with all info we can muster?

I do have a link to the original mask in the Paris exhibition : http://gladus63.free.fr/SW_Paris/index_27.htm however any additional reference pictures are always welcome sskunky ;)

Thank you for joining us James ... I found your name and efforts in the other site online already ... so please help us wherever you can to fulfill our current dreams of making and owning a DV ROTJ Reveal ;)

Chaim

Last edited:
I would day the crown is a little bit too flat!:lol

What makes you say that...? :lol :lol

Thank you for joining us James ... I found your name and efforts in the other site online already ... so please help us wherever you can to fulfill our current dreams of making and owning a DV ROTJ Reveal ;)

Chaim

Thanks for the welcome. :) I recently went back and found the old ezboard site is still up, but hasn't been added to in a long time. I think my neckbrace discovery thread was probably the most exciting thing there at the time.

I'll be more than happy to help however I can, though I'm sure most of you, if not all of you, already know what I know.

Back in the early days (you can look under my avatar to see how long I've been here...) it was the "Xanax" reveal that got everyone's ball rolling on the quest for an ROTJ reveal. Lots of progress has been made since those early days, but after a handful of discoveries, things have been stymied for years. Hopefully the picture will improve and we can find more original parts for this awesome prop. :)

Well apart from Kroenen77 work in progress in his thread ... an extensive new list of parts and their origin would be a great start ... so let's start with the dynodes shall we? Can anyone tell from which type# EMI photocopier tube they originate? I have found several leads on ebay though I don't want to throw my hardearned cash to the wrong type, savey? :wacko

Chaim

Last edited:
Well apart from Kroenen77 work in progress in his thread ... an extensive new list of parts and their origin would be a great start ... so let's start with the dynodes shall we? Can anyone tell from which type# EMI photocopier tube they originate? I have found several leads on ebay though I don't want to throw my hardearned cash to the wrong type, savey? :wacko

Chaim

It's difficult to know exactly what tube would contain the copper dynodes as some were aluminum slatted as well. My dynodes came directly and individually from Electron Tubes in the U.K. at the time. The guy I dealt with is named Paul Davison. Back then he was in New Jersey, but he's subsequently moved to somewhere in Texas and gave me years ago the new particulars of where to obtain the dynodes, but I forget who/where he said. You can e-mail him at paul@electrontubes.com and ask about them. Back then they were around US$20.00 each. However, if you'd like to gamble a bit for one on ebay or wherever, I have an intact tube I got from Paul that I kept as a novelty and it is from Thorn EMI/Electron Tubes and its type# is 9956A and Serial# 12141. Hope that helps. :)

Can you positively confirm that the Thorn EMI/Electron #9956A/12141 contains the correct screen-used copper dynodes?

Chaim

Can you positively confirm that the Thorn EMI/Electron #9956A/12141 contains the correct screen-used copper dynodes?

Chaim

I cannot. I can only say that this particular tube was given to me by Paul Davison from Electron Tubes as a "gift" to my collection. It is only conjecture on
my part that it would be of the same variety from which the copper dynodes came. But again, it could easily have the silver ones.

It would be a more costly option, but if you'd rather be safe than sorry, I'd contact Electron Tubes themselves to enquire about the dynodes. Since you are in
Europe, you might try the U.K. office first as it's closer.

- - - Updated - - -

And just so you will know, what you are after is the dynode mesh and frame, which contains the round aperture behind the copper slats.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back