Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 03/23/15

firesprite

Master Member
The first celebrity guest was announced yesterday, so we might as well get this started....

Actors:
Charisma Carpenter
John Barrowman
Julie Benz

Patrick Warburton
Rachel Skarsten
Emmanuelle Vaugier
Tyler Hoechlin
Janet Varney
Gina Torres
Anthony Mackie
Clark Gregg
John Wesley Shipp
Amanda Tapping
Curtis Armstrong
Finn Jones
Anthony Daniels
Scott Wilson
Steven Yeun
Chloe Bennet
Hayley Atwell
Marina Sirtis
Jewel Staite
Alex Kingston

Authors:
Michael Stackpole
Seanan McGuire
Isaac Marion
Robin Hobb
Peter V Brett
Holly Black
Patrick Rothfuss

Voice Actors:
Tabitha St. Germain
Mike McFarland
Susan Eisenberg
Michael Bell
Veronica Taylor
Steve Blum
Troy Baker

Moderators:
Grant Imahara
Clare Kramer

Sheer Awesome:
Stan Lee!!!!!!!!

http://emeraldcitycomicon.com/

Cancellations
Karen Allen
LeVar Burton
Dante Basco
Morena Baccarin
Jenna Coleman
Brandon Routh

Last edited:
Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015

They got rid of VIP passes this year and are being done in 2-tier special pass pricing based on what you kinda want to do. Also looks like that eliminated panel entry privileges. So $30 more than previous years bought and less perks. And no legacy sales from previous VIP passholders.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 08/19/14

Second media guest was just announced and Firefly fans will be pleased: Morena Baccarin, the lovely Inara will be in the house!

Morena Baccarin
Fresh off her dramatic role as Jessica Brody on the Emmy Award-winning show Homeland, she is forever part of science fiction cult history as Inara Serra on Firefly and Serenity. She starred as Anna on ABC’s remake of V, and has had memorable guest appearances on The Mentalist and How I Met Your Mother. Not to mention her deep roster of voice work for DC Animation as Black Canary, Cheetah, and Talia al Ghul.

Ms. Baccarin will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 08/25/14

First the Browncoats, now the Whovians... it's like these guys know their attendees' fandoms! ;)

John Barrowman
Captain Jack Harkness (Torchwood, Doctor Who) himself, this classically trained stage actor currently stars on the smash hit show Arrow as Malcom Merlyn. He’s also had roles in the TV shows Titans and Desperate Housewives, and was in the movie Zero Dark Thirty. He’s also got a thriving musical career with several albums to his name, and can dance circles around you, too.

Mr. Barrowman will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 09/02/14

Julie Benz

Currently starring as Amanda Rosewater in the SyFy hit Defiance, she has been a fan-favorite ever since playing Darla on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. She’s starred in the Punisher, Saw, and Rambo franchises, played a superhero in the ABC series No Ordinary Family, and was Dexter’s better half, Rita.

Ms. Benz - who was one of ECCC's very first celebrity guests ever - will be returning and appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Hopefully, she'll have a better time this time around. :)

Anybody else think the logic behind their ticket pricing structure and benefits is totally wonky this year?

Their structure was fine in previous years. Nothing was broken, so might as well fix it. SO bummed they did away with the VIP program. And also NONE of the tickets include any panel priority seating benefits and the celeb fast pass costs more than the VIP.

My other worry is on the ticket slots for the fast pass. 500 tickets is A LOT and could cause even more grief for the non-fast pass holders waiting in line. In previous years VIP was between 100-200 spots and with that number there was some waiting (Karen Gillian was long even with VIP). What would opening that up over double do for a huge draw celebrity? Time will tell, but I'm not sure any of these decisions was a good one on ECCC's part.

I love going EVERY year, but for the first time I have to say this ticket pricing/benefits structure is messed up.

Anybody else think the logic behind their ticket pricing structure and benefits is totally wonky this year?

Their structure was fine in previous years. Nothing was broken, so might as well fix it. SO bummed they did away with the VIP program. And also NONE of the tickets include any panel priority seating benefits and the celeb fast pass costs more than the VIP.

My other worry is on the ticket slots for the fast pass. 500 tickets is A LOT and could cause even more grief for the non-fast pass holders waiting in line. In previous years VIP was between 100-200 spots and with that number there was some waiting (Karen Gillian was long even with VIP). What would opening that up over double do for a huge draw celebrity? Time will tell, but I'm not sure any of these decisions was a good one on ECCC's part.

I love going EVERY year, but for the first time I have to say this ticket pricing/benefits structure is messed up.

I don't know why they changed it. Perhaps what seemed to work well to you was actually a problem on the back end. Maybe they just thought they'd try a new system one year and see how it works. I know they do post-con surveys every year to see what people liked and what they didn't. Maybe enough people said it wasn't working for them that the convention organizers decided to try reworking things.

Well if you look at the many facebook comments it looks like there's plenty people besides myself who are pretty miffed as well. I would love a clearer understanding from them as to what feedback was given from this year that led them to forming this structure. Sure they have a reason for it, I would just like to know out of curiosity for what wasn't working behind the scenes that was unnoticed. One of the biggest complaints is the change on how panel seating is happening with the higher priced ticket offerings in that neither have any benefits.

My family and I got weekend passes and the hotel is booked. We are all excited already and cant wait! We will be Batman, Catwoman and Robin agian this year so if anyone sees us please introduce yourself. We would love to meet everyone who can make it this year.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 09/09/14

So... I was kind of conflicted whether to put this under celebrities or voice actors, but since they're talking about bringing the live-action Tick show back, celebrities won:

Patrick Warburton
The list of amazing characters that he has portrayed, either in animation or live action, is immense. He broke out as Puddy on Seinfeld and other shows like Dave’s World and Newsradio, and then literally personified The Tick. He’s played recurring or regular characters on 8 Simple Rules and Rules of Engagement, and can be seen on College Humor quite frequently. His new series, Sequestered, is streaming on Crackle right now.

He’s the voices of Agamemnon, Buzz Lightyear (TV/Video version), Mr. Steve Barkin, Kronk, Rip Riley, and most importantly: BROCK SAMSON.

Mr. Warburton will be appearing at Emerald City Comicon on Saturday and Sunday only. SPOOOOOOOON!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 09/16/14

Double announcement and Lost Girl fans should be pleased:

Rachel Skarsten
Currently deep in the battle between the light and dark Fae as Tamsin on the cult hit Lost Girl, she's been a mainstay in her native Canada since starting out as Bess in Little Men as a teenager, and then broke out in the U.S. playing Dinah Lance/Black Canary in Birds of Prey. She's had roles in Flashpoint, The Listener, The L.A. Complex, Beauty and the Beast, and can be seen next February on the big screen in Fifty Shades of Grey.

She'll also take you on at ice hockey, and win.

Ms. Skarsten will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Emmanuelle Vaugier
Presently stirring up all kinds of trouble as The Morrigan on SyFy/Showcase's Lost Girl, she's no stranger to the large and small screen. From Highlander to The Outer Limits, Mythquest to Charmed, Smallville to Saw, CSI to Human Target, Supernatural to Covert Affairs, she's always keeping busy entertaining her fans.

She's also done voices in the Need for Speed and Call of Duty video game franchises, and if that isn't enough she also is an avid animal lover and runs a charitable foundation called The Fluffball that supports animal rescue!

Ms. Vaugier will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

So far I'm not so sure the celebrity fast pass is looking to be going to pay for itself. Still more names to come of course and right now the most exciting look to be Patrick Warburton and Julie Benz.

I haven't jumped on the Dr. Who bandwagon so I just don't really know the others.

Sounds like 2/3 of the 3-Day passes are gone now! Grabbed mine yesterday :D Looks like a great lineup!

WOW! seems like i just heard they sold 1/2 just a few days ago, gonna be a great time and can't wait to meet everyone

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 09/24/14

First voice actor announcement has been made:

Tabitha St. Germain
A veteran voice actor, she's best known as both Rarity and Princess Luna on My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Additionally, she's the voice of Pepper Clark onLittlest Pet Shop, Young Lando Calrissian in Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Maria Hill in Iron Man: Armored Adventures, and was Dende onDragon Ball Z! Her other credits include The Care Bears Family, A.L.F.,Sabrina the Animated Series, and Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy.

Ms. St. Germain will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Only 3 years ago you could still show up and get a day pass. But the last 2 years it's sold out ahead of time. It never occured to me it'd sell out this early.
My problem is at my office, none of us can never be assured of time off for anything months in advance, even on a weekend as we've been hit with mandatory OT pretty much every pay period, going on 6 years now with no end on sight.
I'd love to go, but missed the last two years due to work and tickets selling out last year.
That, and the older I get, the less patient I get with large crowds. I also don't pay for autographs, so the guest lists for any con means very little to me.
Now, all that said, I really do wish I could go, but I'm not going to buy tickets I have no idea if I could use.

Only 3 years ago you could still show up and get a day pass. But the last 2 years it's sold out ahead of time. It never occured to me it'd sell out this early.
My problem is at my office, none of us can never be assured of time off for anything months in advance, even on a weekend as we've been hit with mandatory OT pretty much every pay period, going on 6 years now with no end on sight.
I'd love to go, but missed the last two years due to work and tickets selling out last year.
That, and the older I get, the less patient I get with large crowds. I also don't pay for autographs, so the guest lists for any con means very little to me.
Now, all that said, I really do wish I could go, but I'm not going to buy tickets I have no idea if I could use.

(For me personally) This is so far one of the most underwhelming lineups I have seen in the 7 years I have been going. However it really is still early on to know if that statement is entirely true. Just basing on what has been announced so far though I am regretting my Celebrity Fast Pass purchase. It MIGHT change though! Announcements are happening each week so keeping fingers crossed.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 09/29/14

Brandon Routh
Starting out on the MTV series Undressed, he went on to be the Man of Steel in Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns, Todd Ingram in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and the recurring nemesis Daniel Shaw on the NBC spy show Chuck. You’ll be seeing a lot more of this big star on the small screen as he takes on the role of Dr. Ray Palmer (aka The Atom) in upcoming episodes of the CW hit Arrow.

Mr. Routh will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back