Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 03/23/15

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 10/20/14

Janet Varney
Host of the Nerdist podcast The JV Club and currently on FX's You're the Worst, she's known far and wide as the titular character on The Legend of Korra. She's also had recurring roles on Warehouse 13, the webseries Burning Love, Entourage, and Key and Peele.

Ms. Varney will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 10/22/14

Veronica Taylor
A classically trained actor who has performed in NYC and around the U.S. in contemporary and classical theatre, her voice has been a part of Saturday morning cartoons for some time now. Best known for playing Ash and May on Pokémon, April on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Abby on Cubix, currently she can be heard as Max on Dinosaur King, Carly on Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, and all 7 Nanas on Seven of Seven.

Ms. Taylor will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 10/26/14

Steve Blum
With literally hundreds of credits to his name, he's best known as the voice of Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, Wolverine from several incarnations of X-Men, Orochimaru from Naruto, and a gigantic list of other characters from Anime, Video Games, TV and Film. In 2012, he was inducted into the Guinness Book of World records as Most Prolific Voice Actor in Video Games - appearing in almost 300 games!

Currently, he's on Transformers: Prime as Starscream and as Heatwave onTransformers: Rescue Bots! Look for him as Zeb Orrelios Star Wars: Rebelsand as Shoe and Sparky in the feature film The Boxtrolls.

Mr. Blum will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 10/27/14

Gina Torres
Known and loved globally as Zoë Washburne from Fireflyand Serenity, she's currently starring as Jessica Pearson on the hit USA network show Suits, as well as a recurring role as Bella Crawford on Hannibal. She's been Cleopatra on Xena, Nebula on Hercules, Jasmine on Angel, and has voiced Vixen in Justice League, and Superwoman in Crisis on Two Earths.

Ms. Torres will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 10/29/14

The first author guest has been announced for ECCC 2015 and I'm absolutely THRILLED to share that it's one of my all-time favorites! I've considered him a mentor for many years now and can't wait to get to meet him in person finally!

Michael Stackpole
Our first special guest author, and our first addition to the Writers Block is Michael Stackpole! He is an award winning writer, editor, game designer, computer game designer, screenwriter, graphic novelist and podcaster. He's best known for his New York Times bestselling novels Rogue Squadron and I, Jedi. He's written over fifty novels, many in popular entertainment properties like Star Wars, BattleTech, World of Warcraft, Pathfinder and the Conan universe.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 10/29/14

Question about Costume Contest:
I have only competed in one small costume contest before and I and contemplating competing in this year. What is the pre-judging like/ any tips?

I'm a leaf on the wind.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 11/17/14

Okay, Falcon cosplayers, get cracking on those flying harnesses!

Anthony Mackie
Known for his role of The Falcon in the blockbuster hit Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the Juilliard graduate has an impressive and varied resume that includes hit films Real Steel, Gangster Squad, The Adjustment Bureau, 8 Mile, and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

He will next be seen in Triple Nine with Norman Reedus and Casey Affleck.

Mr. Mackie will be appearing at Emerald City Comicon on Saturday and Sunday only.

Okay, Falcon cosplayers, get cracking on those flying harnesses!

Anthony Mackie
Known for his role of The Falcon in the blockbuster hit Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the Juilliard graduate has an impressive and varied resume that includes hit films Real Steel, Gangster Squad, The Adjustment Bureau, 8 Mile, and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

He will next be seen in Triple Nine with Norman Reedus and Casey Affleck.

Mr. Mackie will be appearing at Emerald City Comicon on Saturday and Sunday only.

We rarely get guests like this over here, wish I lived closer!

That's one of the best names on the announced list! So far makes for only 3 celebrities my fast pass will be used for. Not sure if the price will be worth it for so few i'm interested in seeing. Last years was miles better than this year. I'm SOOO excited about Stan Lee at least.

That's one of the best names on the announced list! So far makes for only 3 celebrities my fast pass will be used for. Not sure if the price will be worth it for so few i'm interested in seeing. Last years was miles better than this year. I'm SOOO excited about Stan Lee at least.

My understanding is that they still have several people they haven't announced (no, I don't have any insider info at this point: the expiry date on that is LONG past now LOL), so there may well be several other names that will get you excited. :)

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 11/24/14

OMG, you guys.... the SON OF COUL is gonna be in the house!!!

Clark Gregg
Currently fighting the ultimate battle against Hydra in Marvel movies, animated series, and on ABC's hit Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Agent Phil Coulson, the Boston native started out in the New York theater scene - and founded the Atlantic Theater Company there - before working his way into movies and television in The Usual Suspects, The West Wing, The Shield, (500) Days of Summer, and Joss Whedon's adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing.

Mr. Gregg will be appearing at Emerald City Comicon on Friday and Saturday only.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 12/05/14

Oh, boy... Dust off your fedoras, Indy cosplayers, Marion's going to be at the con!

Karen Allen
After debuting in the cult comedy Animal House, she starred as Marion Ravenwood in Raiders of the Lost Ark going toe to toe with Indiana Jones (and returned to the role in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.) The Illinois native also starred in John Carpenter's Starman, Richard Donner's comedic holiday classic Scrooged, The Sandlot, The Perfect Storm, and was in a recent episode of the CBS drama Blue Bloods.

Ms. Allen will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 12/08/14

RufiOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Dante Basco
With a career spanning over two and a half decades, he has become a cult classic and pioneering figure in Asian American cinema. After debuting as Rufio in Hook, he quickly jumped to leading roles in Take the Lead, and The Debut, which became the voice of a Filipino American generation. Ever versatile, he's Jake Long in Disney's American Dragon: Jake Long and Prince Zuko in Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender among his many television, movie, and animation credits.

He currently is best known as General Iroh in The Legend of Korra.

Mr. Basco will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 12/08/14

Holy crap that is all kinds of amazing. We just watched Hook the other day. Love Rufio!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 12/11/14

New author announcement! :)

Seanan McGuire
Seanan McGuire, aka "Mira Grant," is an award-winning author best known for the October "Toby" Daye books and the Newsflesh trilogy, although she has many other works under both names. Her latest work is The Best Thing, a series about magical girls and massive mayhem, drawn by Erica Henderson and published by Thrillbent Comics.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 12/15/14

Okay, this one is very exciting to me! Loved the 90s Flash show and I'm really enjoying him as Barry's dad in the new show! :)

John Wesley Shipp

After coming up through the daytime soaps Guiding Light and Santa Barbara, he played the Scarlet Speedster in the 1990 series The Flash. He recently returned to the superhero world as Henry Allen in the current CW Flash series. He was Mr. Lahey in MTV’s Teen Wolf, played Mitch Leery in the teen drama Dawson's Creek, and has voiced Professor Zoom in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Mr. Shipp will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 12/17/14

Woot! Another local Seattle author added!
Isaac Marion
Isaac Marion is the author of the New York Times bestseller, Warm Bodies, which was adapted into a feature film in 2013. He has lived in or around Seattle his whole life, working a variety of strange jobs and frequently sleeping in vehicles. He currently lives in Wallingford with his family, which is a cat.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 12/17/14

Can't wait to go this year. I got my brother who lives in Virginia to come too. When he heard the man was going to be here he freaked! I got him a 3 day pass with me so we'll be sure to meet him.
542c729978bb9_00.jpg

Got to meet Yaya Han last year too
10151933_10201665595542762_1104751153_n.jpgShould be a blast!!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2015 Updated 01/07/15

WOOT!

I think she's a fantastic addition to Writer's Block!

Robin Hobb
Robin Hobb is the bestselling author of the Farseer Trilogy, the Liveship Traders Trilogy, the Tawny Man Trilogy, the Soldier Son Trilogy, and the Rain Wilds Chronicles. She has also written as Megan Lindholm.

Robin Hobb will be appearing on Sunday only.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back