The Star-Lord/Peter Quill Sling Bag thread

I think I found a bag that is the size and color....just need the buckle and to do some modding....well see...
I'd love to know the maker on that particular bag :) I have one, but it's rectangular and has a camouflage pattern on it. Turning it inside out to get to the beige liner and then murdering it further to make it the right shape...I"m not that skilled, LOL

Has anyone found good rivets and the oval grommets to use for the bag? I've been looking around and haven't found any sites that carry anything similar to the pictures from this thread.

Im planning to use hand hammered copper rivets then doing some finish treatments to the rivets with some chemical patina stuff and rubnbuff.

Hello everyone. I went to see GOTG for the third time last night. :D I tried to pay particular attention to Quill's bag. I didn't notice any partition to make two sections in the bag, only that it was one space with no other pockets that could be seen. There were no zippers, snaps or other closures, the flap is the primary means to keep the bag closed. The opening of the bag is hemmed in leather. For extra security I would suggest sewing magnetic strips of some kind within the leather hem to keep the bag closed along with what the long flap and buckles provide. Hopefully that's helpful.

Hello everyone. I went to see GOTG for the third time last night. :D I tried to pay particular attention to Quill's bag. I didn't notice any partition to make two sections in the bag, only that it was one space with no other pockets that could be seen. There were no zippers, snaps or other closures, the flap is the primary means to keep the bag closed. The opening of the bag is hemmed in leather. For extra security I would suggest sewing magnetic strips of some kind within the leather hem to keep the bag closed along with what the long flap and buckles provide. Hopefully that's helpful.

Thanks, RedJen! So, just to confirm...the only opening on the bag is under the dark leather flap on the bag?

Isn't this a pocket as well, behind the leather flap?

bagpocket.jpg

I think it's too hard to say from that angle, it could simply be a fold of the leather for aesthetic purposes. But you bring up a good point, and for those who would like additional pockets that would be a good place to put one.

Has anyone found good rivets and the oval grommets to use for the bag? I've been looking around and haven't found any sites that carry anything similar to the pictures from this thread.

"Oval grommets" on etsy or aliexpress has them. They're sold out of china.

What is everyone using for their bags? I've seen a handful of them that I like online, as they all have something going for them, yet they also still lack in other departments.

I'd really like to attempt making my own, but I want to settle the "how many pockets are there?" question. Which means I need to be on the lookout for any screen caps of either Quill or Gamora opening the bag to see what's what. If anything I'll try to find a similar base to work off of and mod. The only problem is I need to figure out how to screen print that pattern or find a place that can do it without it costing an arm and a leg.

I'm planning on making my own. It won't be 100% accurate, but will definitely have the same shape and size. I'm working on getting the rivets and grommets to make it look more accurate. I bought some soft dark brown faux leather and some tan seude from Joann fabrics for the materials. I don't think I will be screen printing it. As for the pockets, I might try to make this bag actually functional do I can use it as a regular bag, so I may have 2 sections have openings so it can be more useful to me.

It looks like we're all in for a ton of leather work whether we like it or not, heh! Also, with regards to the oval grommets - I trust these are they? (#24: "Who talks like thaaaat?") <---kudos to anyone who gets that reference
bagpocket clarification.jpg
In addition, the D ring is 1 3/4" (one and three quarters inches) in size and is also not easy to source. If you have found a manufacturer, please share.
My wife tells me this is a bicycle messenger bag and the only reference I had to it's shape was this image of a toy, LOL!
GOTG - handbag shape.jpgHasbro-Marvel-Legends-Infinite-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Star-Lord-Back.jpg
Regarding the size of the rivets holding the back of the strap together, I'm unsure that they're even rivets. Look at the spacing and placement of them...they just might be Chicago screws with wide heads (12mm, I think, with the slot side down)....pushed through the holes at the end of a belt where there are evenly spaced holes, anyway. Make sense?
12MM WIDE CHICAGO SCREWS STUDS BELT STRAP FASTENERS BRASS.jpg
(ignore that image of the clasp...I don't know how to delete it - it was a missed click)

Attachments

• KAUt2H0.jpg
    KAUt2H0.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 830
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back